Close

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Cool Camp WAYALIFE - Home Sweet Home

I know there have been a few of you who've noticed the location listed underneath my avatar has changed and for those of you who are wondering, yes, Cindy and I know now live in Carson City, Nevada. While both of us were born and raised in Southern California and, in so many ways, still love it there, it was time for us to move on. With our son no longer living at home, we simply had too much home for just the two of us and doing business in California was just getting to be too expensive and too much of a pain. As many of you know, we've been spending a better part of our summers up in Tahoe for about as long as I can remember and this past summer, it finally occurred to us, why aren't we living up here? We love the Sierra Nevada Mountains, we love the vast Northern Nevada Desert, we love all the history in the area and of course, who wouldn't want to live close to the Rubicon?

Well, on a hot August night after helping Off Road Evolution during the Vegas to Reno Best in the Desert Race, Mel looked up into the sky and commented on how he never quite realized just how nice it was in the Carson City area. The next morning, Cindy and I decided to stop by a local grocery store, picked up a Home & Land magazine and as we were driving back to SoCal, started flipping through the pages and found a house listed in it that would eventually become our new home. It was a nice single story small home with a 2-car garage that sat on a little over an acre of land but, what really caught her attention was what was in the back yard...

Here's a shot of what's inside...

As far as the house itself goes, here's a shot from the front when we were moving in...

Here's a shot that I just took today after cleaning out the front garage enough to get 2 Jeeps parked inside...

And of course, here's a shot of Rubicat in our driveway watching the sun go down behind the Sierra Nevada Mountains...

Because of it's amenities, some of our close friends have already started calling our new home, "Camp WAYALIFE" and I think the name is gonna stick. Of course to us, this is Home Sweet Home.

Sweet place! Nice garage! Never too old to change it up. Sounds like my wife and I. We love going to the mountains in North Carolina and live in South Carolina.
    Last edited by catahoula; 11-29-2013 at 05:13 AM.
    Gots
    17-Inch Rubi Wheels
    32" BFG KM M/T's 255/75/17 Tires
    18/59 Springs & Rubi Shocks
    TF Leveling Kit
    1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
    Warn Rock Crawler Stubby & Engo 9000 Winch
    EVO Mfg Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts
    EVO Mfg Rear Corner Rock Skins
    Rough Country Skids

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Congrats again. I hope to see you up there soon!

Been Around the Block
    That is awesome! Congrats on the new home.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's an awesome house that lift in the garage will come in handy lol I just hope there are still runs near to me that I cam come too haha 👍

Been Around the Block CaliCrusher's Avatar
    Congratulations on the new home and no longer paying state income tax!

Congrats! So...when is the first Camp WAYALIFE event... J/K

Congrats on the new home! Looks like an awesome place to be!

Awesome congrats on the new home!! I love it up there very beautiful country and city. I go up every year for Christmas to visit my family there. Plus somehow finding my way over to the nugget to play a little haha 😁 Congrats again Eddie and Cindy! 🍻

Ray ⛺