Let's see those expedition rigs!!

NTXRUBICON

Oh come on, please tell me that you're not being serious. This is the internet and you have to know that if we were having this conversation in person over some beers, I think you would have seen this a bit differently :yup:

I was a little it I'm good now I took my meds!

Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
By the way I really like the quality of the forum and the pics that you guys have there are some really nice rigs that everyone should be proud to own

Being that you're new here, I should let you in on the fact that there are a lot of smartasses here but they're really good guys. If you're okay with that, I think you will have a great time here :yup:

NTXRUBICON

Being that you're new here, I should let you in on the fact that there are a lot of smartasses here but they're really good guys. If you're okay with that, I think you will have a great time here :yup:

I'm good now that I know what I'm dealing with its late here in TX and I wasn't on my A game but I am now!
Im good now!
Thanks!

NTXRUBICON

Here's my expedition rig....

main.php

No need for a snorkel being that my 40's do a pretty good job of keeping my head above water. Got a fridge, a welder and all kinds of gear to stay out on the trail for extended periods of time and do so all the time. :yup:

What fridge freezer did you end up going with?
I have a hema cool military unit I picked up thru some people but parts are hard to come by.
Also is the welder one of the 12 volt portable rigs?

JKBANDIT55

image-4238967807.jpg

Here's mine! Parked it on the trail and someone stole the tires. You can see where I added the utility bed to hold my extra gas tanks. But someone stole them as well.

Lol seen this at work today and had to post it somewhere!

rubicrawl

Well I did a quick search and did not see a Expedition Rig home so I will start it up so we have a place to gather!!

So lets we those roof racks,fridge freezer setup's,on board air, on board hot water, rooftop tents and expo trailers and all the goodies we love to see!

What rack and mount do you have on there that is exactly what I'm looking for

NTXRUBICON

What rack and mount do you have on there that is exactly what I'm looking for

It is a 2001 jeep xj Cherokee rack bolted to the hard top then I purchased a surrco roof rack and the Surrco J100 mounts to make it all work
It goes on and off really easy and works great!
I will post some pics of the top when I installed the xj rack so you can see how it goes together

rubicrawl

It is a 2001 jeep xj Cherokee rack bolted to the hard top then I purchased a surrco roof rack and the Surrco J100 mounts to make it all work
It goes on and off really easy and works great!
I will post some pics of the top when I installed the xj rack so you can see how it goes together

Perfect thank you looks great and just what I'm looking for I just don't like some of these that over the whole roof and bars going down the side thank you though I'll be looking for the pics great looking rig brother

NTXRUBICON

Perfect thank you looks great and just what I'm looking for I just don't like some of these that over the whole roof and bars going down the side thank you though I'll be looking for the pics great looking rig brother

Here ya go!
Here are some of the photos that I took when I was working on the install.
I did clean and repaint the xj rack and that made it look brand new.
Also be sure if you go to get a xj rack that you get the short rack meaning the length they had 2 lengths a full roof and a mid roof and this on in the pics is the mid roof rails from a 2001

Attachments

• IMAG0386.jpg
    IMAG0386.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0387.jpg
    IMAG0387.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 191
  • IMAG0388.jpg
    IMAG0388.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0389.jpg
    IMAG0389.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMAG0391.jpg
    IMAG0391.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMAG2665.jpg
    IMAG2665.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMAG2663.jpg
    IMAG2663.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 195
  • securedownload-1.jpg
    securedownload-1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 194
  • securedownload-5.jpg
    securedownload-5.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

NTXRUBICON

The best part of this setup is that you can take it off really easy and store the rack and the jeep still looks good with the xj rack on it and you can put lighter stuff on the xj rack if you do not want to go with the basket. It was exactly what I was looking for. Also the xj rack was cheap I went t the junk yard and pulled it off the and they charged me 25 bucks for it! What a steal! :rock:

Top Bottom