JK Optimal Lift Height ... ???

WhiteDynamite

Yup. I was out in the rain with a tape measure looking like a dumbass. Lol

My girlfriend just text me saying it was snowing in Vegas.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, being that we finally have Moby back in our hands, I got out and gave him a quick measurement and, as it turns out, I was wrong about how much lift I have him set at.... turns out, he only measures 77" to the top of the a-pillar. In other words, he's only got about 4" of lift. Looks like I could add about a half inch or so to help out with clearance :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So, being that we finally have Moby back in our hands, I got out and gave him a quick measurement and, as it turns out, I was wrong about how much lift I have him set at.... turns out, he only measures 77" to the top of the a-pillar. In other words, he's only got about 4" of lift. Looks like I could add about a half inch or so to help out with clearance :crazyeyes:

Yeah but what does it measure to the 3rd inch of the passenger side door frame?

JKBANDIT55

77" ? Looks much bigger in the movies lol.

I'm 76" with 37s and a 4" lift. But I haven't installed my winch or spare tire/carrier yet so I'm sure it will go down a little.

Just installed the new lift 2 days ago. Pretty big difference for me coming from a 3" that's sagged a crap ton over time.

Glad to see moby is back.

rtguy1

Thanks for coming back to post this. I've been curious. Still curious how GCM sits at 81" with 3" of lift. :crazyeyes:

GCM 2

Thanks for coming back to post this. I've been curious. Still curious how GCM sits at 81" with 3" of lift. :crazyeyes:

Well, I guess I'm eating crow on this one rtguy1, all my previous tape measure deciphering was inaccurate. My south Louisiana education has once again proven that I was not properly taught to mathmatize and computate numbers and such......

I used my whip antenna to lay across the top of the windshield frame (highest point of my jeep) to get this measurement of 77"

image-3043998295.jpg

For comparison, I stood next to my jeep and used the flag end of the whip to give some background contrast. I am 6' 2" (74"). So my jeep sits at the same height as Moby

image-4035229486.jpg

ttfhell

Well, I guess I'm eating crow on this one rtguy1, all my previous tape measure deciphering was inaccurate. My south Louisiana education has once again proven that I was not properly taught to mathmatize and computate numbers and such......

I used my whip antenna to lay across the top of the windshield frame (highest point of my jeep) to get this measurement of 77"

View attachment 60797

For comparison, I stood next to my jeep and used the flag end of the whip to give some background contrast. I am 6' 2" (74"). So my jeep sits at the same height as Moby

View attachment 60798

So what you are saying is you have 16.4" of lift? I'm curious. You better answer soon or I'll mention it 11 more times in this thread.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Honestly, it only makes sense being that you park your Jeep in your garage just like I do and still have as much room as you do.

munstie

That was a concern when I lifted mine, will it fit thru a 7' door..

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

catahoula

Caught the Bug

View attachment 60797

View attachment 60798

I'm soooo jealous it's so, so big. I mean your Jeep so big.

Top Bottom