Ramp 2013 JKUR Build Thread

RamP

It's been a while for a build update so here's the latest.
Turns out the gasket the dealer put on the drivers side exhaust pipe didn't hold. So they replaced the entire loop section. Cat and all, which is one piece.
Also got the corner fixed enough to install s set of Poison Spyder corners.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414618048.323559.jpg
They came black and with only one 4" hole. I want to add reverse lights so I added the 2.75" below.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414618064.612415.jpg
And I also wanted them white so I stripped them down and rattle canned them.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414618175.972470.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414618189.732102.jpg
Lights from PSC are next.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's been a while for a build update so here's the latest.
Turns out the gasket the dealer put on the drivers side exhaust pipe didn't hold. So they replaced the entire loop section. Cat and all, which is one piece.
Also got the corner fixed enough to install s set of Poison Spyder corners.

They came black and with only one 4" hole. I want to add reverse lights so I added the 2.75" below.

And I also wanted them white so I stripped them down and rattle canned them.
Lights from PSC are next.

Ever get them installed?

RamP

Not yet. They're painted and up in the attic. I'm waiting on a riv nut tool and lights for the holidays from the kids. ( actually I bought them and they slapped their names on the box )

RamP

Well after 2 MTB builds and some camping trailer work I finally ordered the lights and plug and play harnesses from Poison Spyder through Northridge. Thanks for the discount Wayalife!! Just relocated the plate and was able to use the stock light. Now just waiting on UPS. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428844724.142588.jpg

RamP

It's been a while since I've posted but I've also been busy. Installed the Poison Spyder corners and had some work done on the front bumper. The original bull bar from LOD was bent. I had a local fabricator replace the bar and add some gussets. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454517592.964183.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454517656.417344.jpg

jagrubb99

It's been a while since I've posted but I've also been busy. Installed the Poison Spyder corners and had some work done on the front bumper. The original bull bar from LOD was bent. I had a local fabricator replace the bar and add some gussets. View attachment 185733 View attachment 185734

Sorry to hijack, but how are you liking your bumper so far? No issues with the coating or anything? Looking to order this with a warn later this month and just want to get some opinions before I pull the trigger. Thanks!

RamP

Thanks guys.
Jag I just had the whole bumper re-powder coated after the bars were welded on. Seems pretty stout but we'll see what happens on the trail. Overall I love the bumper. I fitted led fog lights in it and really like the way the power plant sits nice and low.

RamP

Not difficult at all. Hardest part was the first 11/32nd hole. All nutserts installed fine. Used an Astro tool for the work.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I was just looking at install video and it stated a nutsert tool was provided is that true?

It's too bad they do not make your bumper like that looks so much better. Was it expensive to have them fabricate. Has me thinking about my Warn stubby. Did not like the one with the bar would love to design something like yours to add to mine.

Last edited:

RamP

It's nothing to write home about. It looked like a pain in the ass to be consistent with.

jagrubb99

Thanks guys.
Jag I just had the whole bumper re-powder coated after the bars were welded on. Seems pretty stout but we'll see what happens on the trail. Overall I love the bumper. I fitted led fog lights in it and really like the way the power plant sits nice and low.

Sounds great, looks like I'll be pulling the trigger, build looks great. Thanks!

RamP

I was just looking at install video and it stated a nutsert tool was provided is that true?

It's too bad they do not make your bumper like that looks so much better. Was it expensive to have them fabricate. Has me thinking about my Warn stubby. Did not like the one with the bar would love to design something like yours to add to mine.

Cost $300 total for material, fabrication, sand blasting, and powder coat.

Top Bottom