Lifts and sagging!!!

Cjacks95

Banned
Okay so as i sit now 3.5 inch RC series 2 on my 2012 2dr jk.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386789700.127929.jpg

No complaints except sagged pretty quick. I do have a lot of armor and I'm throwing a winch on and a rear bumper soon too.
So I'm going to get a little bigger lift that doesn't sag as much and for a better offroad ride.
I'm caught between Rockkrawler 3.5 inch or evo plush coils or maybe even some teraflex coils.
I'm going to be on 37s soon but I don't want to be too tall. I just wanted to know which would be a great size for 37s (not to much fender room or not to little) which coils wouldn't sag as much and which have a better ride.

Thanks!
Colby

JKBANDIT55

Okay so as i sit now 3.5 inch RC series 2 on my 2012 2dr jk.
View attachment 59939

No complaints except sagged pretty quick. I do have a lot of armor and I'm throwing a winch on and a rear bumper soon too.
So I'm going to get a little bigger lift that doesn't sag as much and for a better offroad ride.
I'm caught between Rockkrawler 3.5 inch or evo plush coils or maybe even some teraflex coils.
I'm going to be on 37s soon but I don't want to be too tall. I just wanted to know which would be a great size for 37s (not to much fender room or not to little) which coils wouldn't sag as much and which have a better ride.

Thanks!
Colby

Yup Im on my 2nd set of RC coils myself. First ones went from 2.5" down to 1" within 2 months RC sent some replacements. These 2nd ones I had put on about 2 months before EJS, after my drive back from EJS I noticed they are sagging again. added 1" spacers and called it good for now. It seems like these coils start to sag after you really work them on the trails.

Back when I got the lift it was all I could afford at the time.

Currently have a Zone Offroad 4" to install and test out the suspension for them. Gonna run this suspension for a while and see how it does.

But If i were to purchase right now it would have to be an RK 3.5, or EVO Plush. I have seen too many Teraflex kits sag below the lifts claim height after they throw on some armor and winch. But at the same time I have buddies that love them. Maybe teraflex has fixed the issue?

Last edited:

Cjacks95

Banned
Yup Im on my 2nd set of RC coils myself. First ones went from 2.5" down to 1" within 2 months RC sent some replacements. These 2nd ones I had put on about 2 months before EJS, after my drive back from EJS I noticed they are sagging again. added 1" spacers and called it good for now. It seems like these coils start to sag after you really work them on the trails.

Back when I got the lift it was all I could afford at the time.

Currently have a Zone Offroad 4" to install and test out the suspension for them. Gonna run this suspension for a while and see how it does.

But If i were to purchase right now it would have to be an RK 3.5, or EVO Plush. I have seen too many Teraflex kits sag below the lifts claim height after they throw on some armor and winches.

Thanks man! Yeah I wasn't to sure about the teraflex coils either haha

Tcdawg

My RC coils sagged as yours are doing.

Swapped for RK 3.5 coils, and all the other RK suspension components. I have been very happy with the RK stuff.

Cjacks95

Banned
My RC coils sagged as yours are doing.

Swapped for RK 3.5 coils, and all the other RK suspension components. I have been very happy with the RK stuff.

That's what I'm hearing so I think I might so 3.5 rk if evo made a 3.5 id probably do that I know they're for a 4 dr and all but still would just prefer a 3.5 haha thanks for the fast responses you guys!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's what I'm hearing so I think I might so 3.5 rk if evo made a 3.5 id probably do that I know they're for a 4 dr and all but still would just prefer a 3.5 haha thanks for the fast responses you guys!

take a look at hinrich's jeep. he has the 3" plush rides with big ass 37's and beadlocks and armor. he is sitting at about 3.5" on his 2 door with all of it.

Cjacks95

Banned
take a look at hinrich's jeep. he has the 3" plush rides with big ass 37's and beadlocks and armor. he is sitting at about 3.5" on his 2 door with all of it.

That's the picture I've been basing plush coils on! Haha just wanted to see some opinions on RKs vs PLUSH COILS

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I would get the EVO plush coils. I have the 4 inch and their awesome both on and off road. If anything add some spring spacers to bring it up to 3.5 inches.

Ray ⛺

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I would get the EVO plush coils. I have the 4 inch and their awesome both on and off road. If anything add some spring spacers to bring it up to 3.5 inches.

Ray ⛺

I agree with Ray-Ray. You will be fine with 3" plush rides and 37's but if you need it you could always add a spacer.

Im also in the same boat 2012 4 door bought 3.5" stage 2 kit from RC it sagged a ton added 1" spacers while still saving up now have 4" evo plush on order with some other goodies to throw out all the RC crap

in my opinion RC is perfect for someone who wants to increase their vehicles hieght for looks for a mall crawler at a good price. it is not designed to be beat on offroad in anyway because they always fail but for $500 with everything you get how can you really complain that it started to fail most other companies charge $500 for 2 shocks haha

Cjacks95

Banned
Im also in the same boat 2012 4 door bought 3.5" stage 2 kit from RC it sagged a ton added 1" spacers while still saving up now have 4" evo plush on order with some other goodies to throw out all the RC crap

in my opinion RC is perfect for someone who wants to increase their vehicles hieght for looks for a mall crawler at a good price. it is not designed to be beat on offroad in anyway because they always fail but for $500 with everything you get how can you really complain that it started to fail most other companies charge $500 for 2 shocks haha

That's so true hahaha I got a whole lift for 500$ now I'm looking at 400$ for just coils???? And I mean it wasn't too bad it's was just sorta, kinda... Okay yeah it was bad hahaha so you like the plush coils?

Ill tell you what i think if they ever come in its crazy im from Ontario up in canada and i rear guys on these forums waiting a while to get Evo stuff in the states well we wait even longer as well as Clayton i ordered a read Clayton trac bar 6 weeks ago!! like wtf pisses me off like no other but when i do recieve my stuff from northridge i will tell you the difference i feel.

I called so many places RK, tera, evo, MK, rubicon express, and so on to say listen offroad my RC kits work great it feels smooth soaks up the lumps and bumps flexs well but on the street feels like a wagon should i go with new shock or coils or both.

at the end of the day every person said its coils for the small quick jabbing bumps your shock only moves maybe an inch it isnt barely reacting at that time its all coils really.. when almost every company said this i pulled the trigger on coils alone for now maybe upgrade the RC shocks later!!

Then the debate came to dual rate progressive rate or linear rate coils, this went on for weeks with multiple companies and reading every thread out there, decided on linear rate plush ride evo coils for many reasons :)

So if i see them before the new year in a few weeks ill get back to yeah! i couldnt find anyone who has driven both to compare either so i know how you feel

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Anyone know if I upgrade from 3.5" RC coils to 4" EVO coils, do I need to retain the rear coil angle plates that come with the RC lift? Will upgrading to the 4" EVO coils affect the front caster a whole lot since I have the aftermarket fixed front lower control arms that came with the RC lift?

metaldemon

My friend had 4.5" BDS long arm on his 08 JKU. They just replaced the springs under warranty, and he got back almost 2". Pretty sad for only four years.

Anyone know if I upgrade from 3.5" RC coils to 4" EVO coils, do I need to retain the rear coil angle plates that come with the RC lift? Will upgrading to the 4" EVO coils affect the front caster a whole lot since I have the aftermarket fixed front lower control arms that came with the RC lift?

Keep the wedges, and yes caster will be effected if your springs have sagged like everyone elses my 3.5" with an added 1" spacer is currently sitting as high as my buddys brand new 2.5" lift... pretty pathedic after 1 year!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Keep the wedges, and yes caster will be effected if your springs have sagged like everyone elses my 3.5" with an added 1" spacer is currently sitting as high as my buddys brand new 2.5" lift... pretty pathedic after 1 year!

I don't think mine is sagging, but of course I didn't measure it right after installation either. I more or less wanna go with the plush rides for the ride quality.

Top Bottom