Lifts and sagging!!!

I don't think mine is sagging, but of course I didn't measure it right after installation either. I more or less wanna go with the plush rides for the ride quality.

Do you wheel it hard? hitting the bump stops a lot? thats what killed mine.. it was great until i disconected and hit trails every weekend haha

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Do you wheel it hard? hitting the bump stops a lot? thats what killed mine.. it was great until i disconected and hit trails every weekend haha

Honestly, not at all, there aren't any parks close by here in east central MO. The most I do are some forestry service roads and some light trails on private property. My Jeep is 90% highway. One day when it's paid off and not a DD, I'll beat on it a little harder.

then im sure your RC kit will last you years without troubles! i feel thats really what there designed for people who do camping and drive around on roads and want more height... but hey we all have our opinions for $500 you cant go wrong if it does what you intend to use it for ;)

JayKay

Caught the Bug
then im sure your RC kit will last you years without troubles! i feel thats really what there designed for people who do camping and drive around on roads and want more height... but hey we all have our opinions for $500 you cant go wrong if it does what you intend to use it for ;)

That was my reason for going with RC, plus the shop I work at has an account with them so we get all their products at discounted prices. I plan on upgrading eventually, but right now I'm happy with what I have. Eventually it'll be a 44 front end and a more premium suspension system. I plan on having the jeep for a long time, so I'll have time to make it the way I want it. :)

Veetz

Okay so as i sit now 3.5 inch RC series 2 on my 2012 2dr jk.
View attachment 59939

No complaints except sagged pretty quick. I do have a lot of armor and I'm throwing a winch on and a rear bumper soon too.
So I'm going to get a little bigger lift that doesn't sag as much and for a better offroad ride.
I'm caught between Rockkrawler 3.5 inch or evo plush coils or maybe even some teraflex coils.
I'm going to be on 37s soon but I don't want to be too tall. I just wanted to know which would be a great size for 37s (not to much fender room or not to little) which coils wouldn't sag as much and which have a better ride.

Thanks!
Colby

Yo I got some info for you about that . Had a 3 inch bds, went to a 4.5 after the steel was added it started to lean to the passenger side about an inch, had to remove those springs and installed a 5 inch and I'm sitting on 37's and it's not all that tall, there is a lot on the internet referring to the jk lean it just happens, do some homework before you buy anything if you need anymore info let me know.....my problem is solved though, just remember steering geometry after you go so high at some point it comes into play

Merry Christmas

Cjacks95

Banned
Yo I got some info for you about that . Had a 3 inch bds, went to a 4.5 after the steel was added it started to lean to the passenger side about an inch, had to remove those springs and installed a 5 inch and I'm sitting on 37's and it's not all that tall, there is a lot on the internet referring to the jk lean it just happens, do some homework before you buy anything if you need anymore info let me know.....my problem is solved though, just remember steering geometry after you go so high at some point it comes into play

Merry Christmas

But you're a 4dr too. A little longer. I'm gonna go with plush coils but the 4" or 3" not sure yet. I kinda wanna do the 4 but I don't want to be too tall. The 3 looks good but I don't know if it's tall enough you know? What do you think?

Veetz

But you're a 4dr too. A little longer. I'm gonna go with plush coils but the 4" or 3" not sure yet. I kinda wanna do the 4 but I don't want to be too tall. The 3 looks good but I don't know if it's tall enough you know? What do you think?

C...if your gonna run 37's I suggest you get the 4 it will give more room in the wheel well and beneath the fenders, your gonna need clearance and remember once you add bumpers,skids and so forth those springs are settle down , go with the 4 it will eventually settle and make sure your shocks are long enough, and good luck I have been through 3 lifts a 3...4.5...and now a 5 and it isn't to high and the 37's have plenty of room, give them room bro or they will take your fender with them...and then lots of people say 5:13 gears , ...that's great for the trails but the highway will eat the rear up, find a happy medium

Merry Christmas

jknit

View attachment 59939

No complaints except sagged pretty quick. I do have a lot of armor and I'm throwing a winch on and a rear bumper soon too.
So I'm going to get a little bigger lift that doesn't sag as much and for a better offroad ride.
I'm caught between Rockkrawler 3.5 inch or evo plush coils or maybe even some teraflex coils.
I'm going to be on 37s soon but I don't want to be too tall. I just wanted to know which would be a great size for 37s (not to much fender room or not to little) which coils wouldn't sag as much and which have a better ride.

Thanks!
Colby

My 4" super lift looks more like 2 inches now, working on replacing my whole life, I've heard evo springs don't sag but who knows

Bacon

My 4" super lift looks more like 2 inches now, working on replacing my whole life, I've heard evo springs don't sag but who knows

Replacing your whole life because your springs are sagging? Seems a little extreme to me. (Don't ya just love auto correct?)

jknit

Replacing your whole life because your springs are sagging? Seems a little extreme to me. (Don't ya just love auto correct?)

haha yep, damn Iphone. But I am replacing my entire lift because I hate the whole thing, part of that is the fact that the springs are sagging so much, that and the fact that about every piece of the life it rusted including the springs which just doesnt seem right to me

Cjacks95

Banned
C...if your gonna run 37's I suggest you get the 4 it will give more room in the wheel well and beneath the fenders, your gonna need clearance and remember once you add bumpers,skids and so forth those springs are settle down , go with the 4 it will eventually settle and make sure your shocks are long enough, and good luck I have been through 3 lifts a 3...4.5...and now a 5 and it isn't to high and the 37's have plenty of room, give them room bro or they will take your fender with them...and then lots of people say 5:13 gears , ...that's great for the trails but the highway will eat the rear up, find a happy medium

Merry Christmas

Saw this guy getting ha at costco when I was In my work truck yesterday ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387055189.178051.jpg

Made me want the 4" so that's what I'm going for haha now gotta pick a long arm kit any suggestions??

jknit

Saw this guy getting ha at costco when I was In my work truck yesterday View attachment 60216

Made me want the 4" so that's what I'm going for haha now gotta pick a long arm kit any suggestions??

almost everyone I have talked to has said stay away from the teraflax as in the last year or so there have been a lot of bushing issues, I have no teraflex parts on my jeep but am under the impression that as they have been getting bigger their quality has been decreasing a bit. Evo is made in the USA and I havent even read 1 bad review, other than a part or two missing from their kits from time to time, so check everything when it comes before you rip your jeep apart

Cjacks95

Banned
almost everyone I have talked to has said stay away from the teraflax as in the last year or so there have been a lot of bushing issues, I have no teraflex parts on my jeep but am under the impression that as they have been getting bigger their quality has been decreasing a bit. Evo is made in the USA and I havent even read 1 bad review, other than a part or two missing from their kits from time to time, so check everything when it comes before you rip your jeep apart

Evos a Little pricey tho haha

jknit

Evos a Little pricey tho haha

I payed like 2 grand installed for my lift 3 years ago, now im saving to buy an eve long arm 4 inch lift, its even more expensive if you have to pay for it because you didnt do it right the first time, 2 grand out the window

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
View attachment 59939

Thanks!
Colby

I have the RK 3.5 Not one complaint.

j3ph3ry_j33p

for what it's worth, you're gonna get what you pay for. The EVO plush rides, ICON Vehicle Dynamics and ( my personal choice) the Synergy progressive rate coils all are cold forged so that they grant the listed amount of height that you're seeking WITH heavily laden armor and bumpers and winches THEN you have the lift amount. I have to admit, they will give a little over advertised lift until you add the heavy stuff. Worth every penny, you will not be dealing with this problem with these manufacturers. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom