DIY Spod- Waytekwire

Schweaty

Yes, just like your diagram showed. No need to tie into both, they are on the same circuit. you just need a trigger to turn on your led's thru the relay.

Okay, so I want to tap into the wire that goes to the switch, but I'm running dual light switches, does that make a difference? Also, where do the diodes go inline?

Okay, so I want to tap into the wire that goes to the switch, but I'm running dual light switches, does that make a difference? Also, where do the diodes go inline?

You just need to follow that diagram you posted.
Do you need us to draw it out and label the different items for you? Just let us know. :D

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

CZEBJKU

Aux Lites with Backup lites.jpg

It doesnt get much simpler than this. Yes the diodes go inline. As stated earlier by pvanweelden when you put it in reverse all of the lites will come on. If you want just your Aux lites on then turn on whatever switch you have connected them to on your DIY Spod. Hope this helps. Sorry Darknight, I was drawing this up as you made your last post.:thumb:

Schweaty

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I'm one of those that measures twice and cuts first but it doesn't always work out. I like to make sure I completely understand and now with the drawing I do.

I figured if I could make the DIY Spod I would be able to get this too and it seems pretty straight forward now.

CZEBJKU

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I'm one of those that measures twice and cuts first but it doesn't always work out. I like to make sure I completely understand and now with the drawing I do.

I figured if I could make the DIY Spod I would be able to get this too and it seems pretty straight forward now.

Glad it helped!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 94711

It doesnt get much simpler than this. Yes the diodes go inline. As stated earlier by pvanweelden when you put it in reverse all of the lites will come on. If you want just your Aux lites on then turn on whatever switch you have connected them to on your DIY Spod. Hope this helps. Sorry Darknight, I was drawing this up as you made your last post.:thumb:

:thumb:

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I hope pvanweelden doesn't mind but it's in keeping with his great thread here that I also did a starter solenoid mod to my winch. I'd like to add to his thread how I did that.

I next ran the starter size wire from the alternator to the solenoid mounted earlier:
View attachment 65604 View attachment 65605

Finally I attached the winch line to the solenoid with the 300amp fuse I had earlier.
View attachment 65606

Running the 14 gauge wire from the Bussman relay/fuse box to there was a breeze and now my Winch switch on the cabin Daystar panel operates the large solenoid providing ample power to my winch and ample fusing.
I probably will go with a circuit breaker later for the winch line but for now this has worked well.

Cheers!

I'm doing this exact same thing and had a question for you. So the one wire you have coming off the starter solenoid goes to the #2 or #3 swich circuit? And then, what would you use for the opposite circuit? A ground? This is where I get confused.

(#2 is the source with the inline fuse and #3 is the relay or accessory circuit according to the switch diagram)

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Wait, I think I got it now. #2 will get the power from the outlet source or cigarette lighter and #3 will get the wire from the starter solenoid. If that's not right, I'll advise.

CZEBJKU

Wait, I think I got it now. #2 will get the power from the outlet source or cigarette lighter and #3 will get the wire from the starter solenoid. If that's not right, I'll advise.

It looks to me like pastorwug is useing the solenoid as a high amperage switch that is being controled buy his DIY Spod. The green wire is coming from his bussman relay/fuse panel so that when he turns on the switch in the cab the solenoide turns on and provides power to his winch. This allows him to only provide power to the winch when he needs it.
Im thinking that if you are connecting directly to your cigarette lighter/power port you will be supplying power to the solenoid continually when ever your ignition key is turned on which probably will burn up the solenoid or worse. Hope this helps.

noroad

Two more for the new jeep and steve!!! Thanks man will post again after install!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410913758.144010.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410913758.144010.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 404

noroad

couple more for people that wana see later on!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411068276.658244.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411068276.658244.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 340
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411066256.432254.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411066256.432254.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 338
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411066240.549148.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411066240.549148.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 344
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411066227.424163.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411066227.424163.jpg