Please Welcome Dynomax to WAYALIFE!

JEEPnGEO

Here are some of my pics. I don't have two screw holes together I currently do not have the clamp on it because I am trying to figure out what to do.
20140118_175802.jpg
20140118_175827.jpg
20140118_175809.jpg
I cut off the 2.5 inches like the instructions said to. The muffler is very close to the frame.

JEEPnGEO

Sorry for all the short replies. I have my nephews around me and trying to get some stuff done on the weekend is pure organized insanity.

Here is how mine is set up.
:)I have a 2 door, 2009 Rubicon Normal not unlimited
:)I bought the 39516 Kit from Amazon.
:)I took off the muffler off. (Gibson- Sold it to ryanh_99) It was a diff back mod
:)Took off the long exhaust pipe that went over the axle to the clamp where the pipe has some sort of rivet for indexing ect..
:)I took off all the rubber isolators from the hangers
:)Took the new pipe that came with the kit and cut the end off that was farthest away from the welded on hanger rod. Also it was the end that DIDN'T have an indexing indention built in it. I added the
:)I took the skinny clamp that resembled the old on that was on there and reversed the bolt and nut and wedges. I am not about to get up in there and tightening that thing up. I am doing it from below. I left it lose so I can move the short pipe up down etc..
:)I added one of the fat clamps and stuck it on the muffler than pushed the muffler on the pipe.
:)Then at the tail end of the muffler I added the other fat clamp and the down turn pipe.

What doesn't match up is the holes from the hanger mount provided in the kit. It has two PERFECTLY spaced holes for the bolts but my frame has only one bolt hole that is threaded. The other hole is just a big oval hole.

Where the front of the intermediate pipe is the cross member has two hole spaced perfectly for that little metal hanger rob piece but I don't need it there.

The last piece (the exhaust turn down part with the hanger rod welded to it) I want to cut off the rob from the bottom of the piece and attach it to the top. It still doesn't solve my missing one bolt hole for the small bracket on the cross member.

I am cutting it tomorrow. Someone help me with the madness.

Last edited:

JEEPnGEO

Aha! This is where I think the issue maybe.
Look at this picture to get an idea of how it is mounted..

DSC09643.jpg

Can you zoom out a bit. wow clear picture. I just don't see the other bolt hole. I think mine was build on a Friday at 5 pm. The robot just turned off or something.

JEEPnGEO

Can you zoom out on that picture a little bit. I would like to see that cross member. I only have one bolt hole. I have 1 oblong hole 2 round holes bigger than the 1 bolt hole that I do have.

jkbud

Any recommendations of the best place to buy a dynomax exhaust? I checked Northridge but they don't seem to carry them.

BlueCopper

I was looking around the other day. Best prices i saw were summit racing or Amazon. On the dynomax website there is a local dealer finder as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

ghost13

Welcome to way a life....why do these retailers sell your exhaust so high autoplicity 165.18 for the evo syatem wint turn down and napa sells it for 300.00... I mean im just curious its for a customer of mine. I personally dont care for your exhaust... Like they say you get what you pay for. Im not a big mail order person i like to keep my money in my towm supporting my mom and pop shops. Again welcome.

Welcome to way a life....why do these retailers sell your exhaust so high autoplicity 165.18 for the evo syatem wint turn down and napa sells it for 300.00... I mean im just curious its for a customer of mine. I personally dont care for your exhaust... Like they say you get what you pay for. Im not a big mail order person i like to keep my money in my towm supporting my mom and pop shops. Again welcome.

So a place like autoplicity doesn't work on the standard margins that a lot of places do, so they will sell and only make a few points on their cost, while a brick and mortar has (often times) more expenses. That being it said, the Napa price is WAY high. I see it usually around $180 or so. Also our exhaust systems/mufflers our made in the USA, are stainless steel in construction, and have the best guarantee in the exhaust industry. If you don't like it you have 90 days to return it for a refund. I don't like paying more than what is needed. ;)

Top Bottom