Got my cheap rock lights

2trackin

I picked up some cheap Waterproof led lights for rock lights from horsepowerjuice.com there sure isn't anything to protect them. But they are nice and low profile. Going to work on the install this week sometime.

Last edited:

Conman

I picked up some cheap Waterproof led lights for rock lights from horsepowerjuice.com there sure isn't anything to protect them. But they are nice and low profile. Going to work on the install this week sometime.

Good write up on project jk. I remember when I installed mine it was pretty easy. :) install should be pretty close to the walmart optronics.

JEEPnGEO

Good write up on project jk. I remember when I installed mine it was pretty easy. :) install should be pretty close to the walmart optronics.

Light em' up,,, That looks cool. How about dipping them in some acrylic let it harden. You won't be able to work on them but it would be clear and water proof.

2trackin

Yeah they are Waterproof and already have some sort of Waterproof acrylic or something on them. Would be nice to have some kind of cover over them though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2trackin

Started the rock light inside while the axle is out getting some reinforcement.
Here is 5 installed out of 20 if I even use em all. They are nice and bright. No need for a work light anymore that's for sure.
Since I do not have the factory fog lights I decided to use the fog light power as the switch to the relay that feeds power to the leds. So now instead of fogs when I pull the knob on the column lever it's rock lights. No need to thread wiring inside or drill holes for another switch. In the future as my accessorie needs grow I'll probably end up running an spod or something of that nature. But for now this will work just fine.

Attachments

• 1390089344257.jpg
    1390089344257.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 161

JKBANDIT55

I was just looking at these the other day. Look like a good deal and nice and bright from the pic you posted! I'll be getting some as well

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2trackin

My only complaint is the wiring on them is tiny 22g and very short so there isn't much to work with. If your patient unlike me, I'd solder on new wiring or better yes put them in some sort of case

Top Bottom