Clifford the Big Red JK - Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rccrwlr

Day 1 impression

So far very impressed. Does it feel like it added a 100 hp...no but it does feel like I would expect a factory JK. It doesn't bog from a stop sign anymore. It just goes, without a ton of pedal. And on the freeway I can climb from 60 to 85 in overdrive without a ton of pedal effort.

I'm happy so far!

Will keep you all posted on the mph as we go through the break in.

On a side note the oil from the rear diff was said to have a metallic look and feel but the front looked normal. I replaced the rear with synthetic about a 1000 miles or so ago and the front was still Dino. As I was not the one that pulled the diffs I don't have pics but not sure I am happy with the synthetic.

Last edited:

TJ4fun

Nice jeep! I do see a new wholesome cartoon for the kiddy's, Clifford the big Red JK and his adventures in the wild...must find a producer.

Rccrwlr

Did the 500 mile (more like 750) diff service after the gear swap. Not sure what they added to the diff oil but it looked like the color of putty
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436758070.978419.jpg .

No air, wasn't frothy, still felt like gear oil. Put synthetic back in.

Also made the front cover match the rear.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436758159.824169.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436758174.000807.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436758186.124604.jpg .

Did a re-torque also. Funny how it's only been 2000 mile since the lift.

Took him out for a little stretch after. Finally got the front on the bump stops. Doesn't look like there is going to be rubbing from the tire but need to trim the tube that extends through the frame. It hits the sway bar and makes a really cool grinding sound. If I remember right Panda said something about having to trim. Jeesh, I think he knows everything!

Rccrwlr

Looks like water got in there some how, did you go puddle hopping? :idontknow:

Road driving only. Front and rear looked the same. Only thing I have done was extend the vent tubes. Rear is up behind the rear tail light. Front is up in the engine compartment. Looks like some kind of additive. I will text the installer tomorrow.

Rccrwlr

In 4 months we have driven a total of 3 thousand miles (mall is far). Lift and shocks are solid, 5:13 gears are good!, and Nitto Trail Grapplers handle great on the street! Bout time for a maiden voyage.

Milestones
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439306918.721893.jpg .

Made some clearance for the sway bar
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439307074.897295.jpg .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom