What was done to your rig this week?

WJCO

Meme King
This is a cool mod. Whenever the time comes that I have a place to put a full size spare on top I may have to do this.

Thanks. I have to give partial credit to another member over at JeepForum. Long story, but I am sick of having to move objects off of that hatch to get simple tools out, almost daily. So I put my new chainsaw in there and realized it was going to cause the same issue. I had this idea pop in my head to hinge the cover somehow (like the pics show). Not even two hours later, I'm on the other forum and another member had done that exact mod. I laughed and told him I had the same idea but he beat me to getting it done. If I hadn't have seen his post, I probably never would have pursued it. So he told me where he got the parts and what he did. I did it like a day later and didn't look back. In the short time it's been done, it has made my life so much easier. Wish I had done something like it sooner. Took me longer to get my tools out than to actually do the mod, very simple.

RebelconJk

Well I got my Evo corner armor installed with out the tool yesterday... guess what showed up on my doorstep today.... the 1442 astro pneumatic nutsert tool... I'll find something to do with it. But I digress.
Evo corner armor on. Need painting and the Evo carrier..... guess I'm an Evo whore?? :thinking:

Looks good!! I'll be getting those in the future, well at some point. Any reason you went with the 4-door version?

NAUJK

Haha cool! that's kinda what i figured. They look awesome, are you going to paint them or leave them raw?

They are painted!! I just mounted them up first then took them off and painted them. The mounting process would just destroy the paint If you paint them first. Using ratchet straps to hold them tight to the body. But yup they are painted :thumbs:

Attachments

• 1448492336409.jpg
    1448492336409.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 462
  • 1448492345099.jpg
    1448492345099.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 430

RebelconJk

They are painted!! I just mounted them up first then took them off and painted them. The mounting process would just destroy the paint If you paint them first. Using ratchet straps to hold them tight to the body. But yup they are painted :thumbs:

Nice!! Looks awesome!!! I pulled my fenders off yesterday to get them re painted. I'm getting my 3" plush rides and new shocks for Christmas, can't wait to get the jeep lowered! I'll be sure to post some pics up after i get it installed!

wschilawski

Picked up the Christmas tree! I remember as a kid going to get a tree and we would have 2-3' of snow by Thanksgiving. We trekked through mud this year to cut it down...nothing but some frost.

Christmas Tree.jpg

jelliott076

Well shit...I wasn't wanting to do the engine swap this soon but it looks like it's going to have to happen sooner rather than later as my 3.8L is degrading quickly. ..
So I went in a direction which may surprise some people.
I Went with a Stroker Custom SuperCharged (my old Ripp is getting transferred over) 4.1L V6.
The guy I spoke with at 505Performance is boasting 350- 400hp and 450-500ft lbs of torque with the 37in tires. I doubt it but will be stoked if its close to that.
The install is scheduled for Jan 11. Photo's to follow.

Moochie

Well shit...I wasn't wanting to do the engine swap this soon but it looks like it's going to have to happen sooner rather than later as my 3.8L is degrading quickly. ..
I Went with a Stroker Custom SuperCharged (my old Ripp is getting transferred over) 4.1L V6.
The guy I spoke with at 505Performance is boasting 350- 400hp and 450-500ft lbs of torque with the 37in tires. I doubt it but will be stoked if its close to that.

Good luck with your swap Josh! Do you have a build thread? If not, you better get one started for this new engine. :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Shit that sucks but is awesome at the same time! Like Moochie said if you don't have a build thread for the swap you better get one started

Top Bottom