What was done to your rig this week?

Took my corner armor off and found all this rust because the inside of the panels were still bare steel.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432601920.304466.jpg

With the guidance of NOROAD I was able to start the elimination of the rust. I started with some sanding and hopefully in the next few days I can get it completely finished with some new paint and clear coat.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432602079.495746.jpg

I have more off it off now. Some of the rust is just on clear coat and some on the body itself.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
In addition to fabbing up a rack for the rear cargo area of my Jeep: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432603183.060282.jpg

I added some EVO A Pillar mounts and some Cree LED spot lights.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432603221.772711.jpg

spinuck

Genright tire carrier, EVO rear shackle tabs and fire extinguisher ( think my old one might be sitting in the Utah desert).

fire ex.jpg tire carrier.jpg

Very productive weekend!

Installed the wife's aluminum rocker armor (covered up some rock rash :) )

IMG_20150523_152923653.jpg

Also installed her front cage section (Still waiting on the rear)

IMG_20150524_120712126_HDR.jpg

Painted a hand-me-down diff cover from my Jeep for her's (hopefully install next weekend)

IMG_20150524_090130204.jpg

...and cleaned my Jeep up, as well as repainted all the rock rash from last weekend at Rausch Creek :)

IMG_20150522_194623974.jpg

Ouch!

IMG_20150521_192506338_HDR.jpg

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I decided to take care of some preservation under the Jeep from the last two winters in New England and some scraps I took on Saturday at Uwharrie.

After grinding for three hours with a wire wheel I busted the rust. I also removed the failed metal from my fuel tank skid plate leaving this hole...I should have taken the picture before I painted.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432646572.159588.jpg

RUHROHH

It was a busy weekend! Being relatively poor (just bought Scooby at the end of April), I've been doing little things here and there - and a lot of DIY. This weekend I installed replacement mirrors for doors-off driving, a stubby antenna, plasti-dipped my center caps, front tow hooks and grill, removed the OEM bumper skid, and a DIY grill mesh. I'm pleased overall, but not certain I'll keep the center caps - yay for removable mods. Time and $125 well spent, imho.:)

IMAG0367.jpg IMAG0368.jpg IMAG0364.jpg IMAG0365.jpg IMAG0372.jpg IMAG0377.jpg

RUHROHH

Added 1.5" wheel spacers, chopped the fenders and painted the rear wheel wells.

I think it turned out pretty good.

Looking good. What size tires are those? They look like 32s but I can't quite make out the sidewall. I ask because it will be a while before I can afford a lift and 35s but still want to trim the fenders. Just unsure of how it will look on a stock Rubi.

TwistedJK

Installed Crown extended brake lines front and rear, and bumpstops in the rear in preparation for the new lift that should be here either today or tomorrow hopefully.
image.jpg

Looking good. What size tires are those? They look like 32s but I can't quite make out the sidewall. I ask because it will be a while before I can afford a lift and 35s but still want to trim the fenders. Just unsure of how it will look on a stock Rubi.

Thank you. You are correct. Those are 255/75/17 Duratracks.

I had no real idea what I was doing when I bought those.:grayno:

If I had it over I'd have gone straight to 35's. I guess I'm prepped for tires and wheels when these finally wear out!

I was sick of the stock look after seeing so many on here chopping and how good it looked. I knew it was a gamble with stock size tires but IMHO I think it doesn't look horrible. I'll retract that for a second and say it looks ridiculous with the wheel wells un-painted. After I painted them, it looked a bazillion times better! I also think it helped quite a bit to add the wheel spacers. Again, just my opinion. I say go for it. It's a freebie.

The best kind of mod! :D

Before
image.jpg

After
image.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler

I trimmed my fenders when I was stock. Didn't look terrible IMHO.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432670710.884416.jpg

Top Bottom