EVO Leveling Kit

MountainRambler

Hello Wayalifers I got a question for you. :standing wave: Anybody here running the EVO leveling kit with King 2.0 Shocks? If so what are your thoughts about it? I'm looking for a small lift with good soft feel to it. I also plan on running 35'' Nitto Trail Grapplers with flat fenders do any of you with experience think I will have any issues with tire rub at full flex?:thinking:

pvanweelden

I have the evo leveling kit, but only have the front plush coils installed, I don't have the spacer installed in the rear. The plush coils are awesome! I have my stock rubi shocks, not the kings tho sorry. I have 315/70 and cut fenders, heres a pic. I can flex it tomorrow and post a pic
1391226373320.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

MountainRambler

I have the evo leveling kit, but only have the front plush coils installed, I don't have the spacer installed in the rear. The plush coils are awesome! I have my stock rubi shocks, not the kings tho sorry. I have 315/70 and cut fenders, heres a pic. I can flex it tomorrow and post a pic
View attachment 67052

Nice Looking Rig! :thumb:
Thanks for posting this up, I want to do a similar build. A flex shot would be awesome if you have time. The main reason I was considering the kings is mine has the stock Sahara shocks which are not as good as the stock Rubi Shocks. One more question are you still running your stock gears on those 315/70 tires?

pvanweelden

Thanks! Yes running the stock 4.10 gears, but I have a manual. With the stock 32's it felt like I was barely using first gear.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

In my build thread I talk about it but for ease...It'll be stiffer but for the better. The Jeep handles everything in a lot more level/balanced manner. I don't have the king shocks as the price is just ridiculous as I am not keeping the kit for the life of my Jeep. With the Fox Factory Performance series I have been really happy with it. I do have the spacers installed and I went 3" longer then stock in the front and 1" longer shocks in the rear. I needed to get drop brackets for my brake lines :shock: (Done). Here's a couple screen shots from my dusty gopro...

Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 11.27.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 11.27.23 PM.png

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

View attachment 67052

You make me want to take the spacers back out of the rear haha

pvanweelden

Don't have much around to flex on, but here's a quick pic on some landscaping :D
1391276018899.jpg
My neighbors don't like me :thumbup:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
View attachment 67052

So I'm curious, did you get 2" of lift from the 2" Plush rides, or 1.5"? I'm considering this kit also, as there is not much in the way of softer than stock coils in the 2 inch lift range. How would those who are running this kit say the ride is compared to stock (softer, stiff ride, etc)?

pvanweelden

So I'm curious, did you get 2" of lift from the 2" Plush rides, or 1.5"? I'm considering this kit also, as there is not much in the way of softer than stock coils in the 2 inch lift range. How would those who are running this kit say the ride is compared to stock (softer, stiff ride, etc)?

I put bumper and winch on 7 year old stock coils and was at 8.5" instead of 9.375" stock coil height (there's a diagram on here somewhere that Eddie posted that shows stock coil height at 9.375")
With the evo coils I am at 10.5" so I gained 2", but only really 1.125" lift over stock- but with a bumper and winch.
The ride is much improved over the stock coils- a lot smoother ride.
I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone over a spacer lift to gain 2" in the front and an inch in the back.

Lucas J

Looking for updates on this kit.

I am contemplating between doing this or going bigger with the EVO 35 Enforcer. I know they are two completly different animals. The fact is that my JK gets less then 7K miles and only a handful of light wheeling trips each year. So I am not sure I can justify the added expenses associated with the Enforcer.

Ideally I looking for improved on road manners and clearence for 315/70/17 Duratracs.

Thanks

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Old thread and was just curious on my options. I have a 2.5" BB not installed. Also, thinking about EVO level kit. I now have 18/59's with two 1" pucks in front and one 1" in the rear. I measured all points. My shocks are 21", my coils are 12" and my rear is 6 5/8". I know I would get a better ride with the Plush...per reviews and testimonials of members. So per measure it seems my rig is sitting at what would be a 2.5" in the front. Now I am wondering if I should just go for the EVO's and maybe gain a little more? You guys with the EVO kit did you gain more than advertised? I do have a heavy bumper and winch as well. It does not seem I would gain anything with the BB. I would like to go to 35's in the future. I was working on a trade for my top with some tires, but now it looked like it fell through. So, I am back to dream stage. Love to here some views.

Stock JK Suspension Dimensions.jpg

stock JK dimensions rear.jpg

IMG_20170105_101321401.jpg

IMG_20170105_095531837.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Old thread and was just curious on my options. I have a 2.5" BB not installed. Also, thinking about EVO level kit. I now have 18/59's with two 1" pucks in front and one 1" in the rear. I measured all points. My shocks are 21", my coils are 12" and my rear is 6 5/8". I know I would get a better ride with the Plush...per reviews and testimonials of members. So per measure it seems my rig is sitting at what would be a 2.5" in the front. Now I am wondering if I should just go for the EVO's and maybe gain a little more? You guys with the EVO kit did you gain more than advertised? I do have a heavy bumper and winch as well. It does not seem I would gain anything with the BB. I would like to go to 35's in the future. I was working on a trade for my top with some tires, but now it looked like it fell through. So, I am back to dream stage. Love to here some views.

View attachment 240315

View attachment 240317

View attachment 240328

View attachment 240329

Bump for suggestions?

Kyle7R

View attachment 240315

View attachment 240317

View attachment 240328

View attachment 240329

I went from a similar set up on my JK, running some stiff 18/59 springs to the EVO level. I gained much more clearance, actually had to add a 2" spacer in the rear to level it out.

The ride is definitely improved, you can tell a difference for sure.

For the price, and simplicity of this kit it cannot be beat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Not exactly apples to apples comparison. But it's all I've currently got on my phone.

18/59 springs

20160522_163307.jpg

EVO leveling kit, and 2" rear spacers

20170129_174632.jpg

20170201_120000.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Bump for suggestions?

So are you more concerned about ride quality or ride hight? Just trying to make sure i understand.
Cause you said you already have what your running, a 2.5 BB, and you're STILL considering the Evo lvl? All of that just seems like money you could be saving for other stuff that could just be saved up for a better lift like the 3" enforcer.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So are you more concerned about ride quality or ride hight? Just trying to make sure i understand.
Cause you said you already have what your running, a 2.5 BB, and you're STILL considering the Evo lvl? All of that just seems like money you could be saving for other stuff that could just be saved up for a better lift like the 3" enforcer.
I do not have a BB installed yet I have a leveling kit with 4 door springs

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom