Wireless OBD2 monitoring

loscann48

I have been using the torque app for a while. Love being able to see tranny temps.
Have my phone mounted above the mirror.

Yep, I use the torque app on my phone. The app cost $5 and the Bluetooth OBDII sensor was $14 from Amazon. Love it, reads and even clears some codes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Batman

For iPhone users checkout dashboss simple easy to use interface works perfectly on my 3.6 wrangler. Used the torque app before it's just much more difficult to look for and setup pid's lil confusing at first

Jivarro

Garmin also has one that transmits to certain Garmin GPS devices. I have one and love it. It monitors all kinds of things. Air temp, voltage, engine load, etc... It's more expensive, but it turn on and displays anytime the Jeep is running.

StrizzyChris

So...I cant say from personal experience that any of this is true, BUT I have read that these wireless OBD plugs can actually cause severe computer issues if there's an interruption or issue. I don't now how true this is, but I do know that if something interrupts something like the Procal's transmission then you can brick the computer. I know that's a programming function that's interrupted vs a read but maybe someone else can attest to these issues and the level of concern/truth there may be to them.

BlackRockBurner

First generation Bluetooth drained batteries and lacks security other than the usual default "0000." Bluetooth 2.0 and above is better on battery drain, but still a vector for breaching security. Wifi (airport) is secure and better for battery life. Apple's support for Wifi / Airport since 1999 let's computers/ phones/ iPads create their own networks with zero configuration hassles.

Last edited:

Zstairlessone

So...I cant say from personal experience that any of this is true, BUT I have read that these wireless OBD plugs can actually cause severe computer issues if there's an interruption or issue. I don't now how true this is, but I do know that if something interrupts something like the Procal's transmission then you can brick the computer. I know that's a programming function that's interrupted vs a read but maybe someone else can attest to these issues and the level of concern/truth there may be to them.

Really good question and concern. I'm hoping someone here will have an answer.

Top Bottom