WAYALIFE Tahoe 2012 Mega Thread

Strainger

Caught the Bug
That is some really beautiful country. My blood pressure goes down just looking at those pictures. And my alpha wave index goes up when I think of driving through there some day. Is this area driveable after winter sets in? Or is it something that should only be done in warmer weather?

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Goodness :crazyeyes: Those are just gorgeous photos of some incredible terrain. The part of the globe that I'm currently frying in.....well it was 128* today. It's a dry heat.....

I feel for ya Brother. Yeah, right...Dry heat. Well, in retrospect you may be right. I remember some places with high humidity where I've been. Beautiful, green and lush. And I hope I never go there again. :cheesy:

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Goodness :crazyeyes: Those are just gorgeous photos of some incredible terrain. The part of the globe that I'm currently frying in.....well it was 128* today. It's a dry heat.....

WOW! 128?? How do you survive in that kind of heat?

That is some really beautiful country. My blood pressure goes down just looking at those pictures. And my alpha wave index goes up when I think of driving through there some day. Is this area driveable after winter sets in? Or is it something that should only be done in warmer weather?

Most of these trails are summertime only. Too much snow in the winter...and sometimes there is too much snow in the summer. :crazyeyes: We tried doing some of these trails last summer but kept getting blocked by huge snow drifts.

Great pics Cindy!!
I want to follow this.

Thanks Doug! Glad you like them. You need to come back up here! :yup:

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few pics from the 4th of July in Tahoe...

RubiCAT waving the Flag
main.php

main.php

main.php

The crowd is starting to gather on the beach for the fireworks over the lake
main.php

Honey time!
main.php

It's almost time for the show to begin
main.php

A few pics of the fireworks show over the lake
557024_340351786045577_1661583752_n.jpg

599761_340351819378907_1597519264_n.jpg

205382_340351836045572_1962545524_n.jpg

396044_340351876045568_1080011852_n.jpg

319428_340351916045564_483420222_n.jpg

479799_340351936045562_91153604_n.jpg

529107_340351966045559_914258601_n.jpg

JKJody

This brings back alot of memories. My girlfriend and come up for the fourth alot. The last two years we couldnt make it due to tight and conflicting work schedules. Maybe next year though. Although i dont miss trying to drive around 50 after the show, its ridiculous! We just take pioneer trail for a smooth non traffic ride back to the room. Thanks for sharing.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
In addition to hitting the dirt with our JK, we also love to hit the dirt with our feet. There are many beautiful hiking trails in Tahoe and while we are here we try to do as many of the short day ones that we can. Here are some pics of a 9 mile hike we did up to Emigrant Lake.

The hike starts out along the shores of Caples Lake. Here are a few pics as we make our way around the lake:
main.php

main.php

main.php

Beautiful falls along the trail:
main.php

Just before reaching Emigrant Lake, the trail goes through this pretty meadow:
main.php

Here are a couple pics of our destination, Emigrant Lake!
main.php

main.php

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Another hike we did while we were up in Tahoe was up to Horsetail falls. These are the falls you pass when driving down to the start of the Rubicon trail. :)

Here are some pics from the hike...

A view of the falls from near the start of the trail
main.php

A few pics along the trail
main.php

main.php

main.php

Finally made it to the falls - A view looking up
main.php

And a view looking down
main.php

Top Bottom