Jeep XJ help

cdn_xj

^ look into doing the ZJ rear disc swap- about $100- the worst part is pressing the bearings off.

No need to mess with the bearings. Just pull the c-clips, pull the shafts, and replace everything from the backing plates out.

The centre bore of the disc brake backing plates will need to be reamed out to fit onto the ChrysCo 8.25 axle, wheel studs will have to be swapped out for longer ones (hint: take the rear wheel studs off of the donor ZJ) and you will have to be creative with the parking brake cables. Other than that it's pretty much bolt on and go.

pvanweelden

^ you are correct, it's been a few years since I did it on an 8.25, last swap I did was on a 44, and you have to press off the bearing to put the retainer plate on the axle shaft.
The 8.25 swap is a lot easier :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

1yellowjk

I'm throwing the idea of just going with 1tons and skipping the smaller swaps. I really want to run 40's. Need to get out to the salavge yard and do some measurements.

Well, after looking around the internet for an XJ, I decided to buy a toyota so I'm not tempted to put money into a secondary vehicle when the money could go to my jk. Thank you to all who helped me.
6ezehysu.jpg

Top Bottom