Suds of the Day

Kyle7R

Looking for that special recipe for a red beer. Anybody got one?

Red beer, or michelada?

My go to base for Michelada is Snappy Tom's, then doctor it up from there. Splash of Worcestershire sauce, some black pepper, Cholula hot sauce, and whatever light beer, cervesa, or pilsner I have on hand.

Kyle7R

Hmmmmmm that does sound tasty! Thanks!

Snappy Tom's is hard to find, there's only one local place around here that I can generally find it in and I usually buy every last 6 pack they have. In a pinch I've substituted Spicy V8, it does the job but it just isn't quite authentic enough for a full time replacement :bleh:

MrJ3sser

Red beer, or michelada?

My go to base for Michelada is Snappy Tom's, then doctor it up from there. Splash of Worcestershire sauce, some black pepper, Cholula hot sauce, and whatever light beer, cervesa, or pilsner I have on hand.

I would still consider this a red beer since it doesn't have Clamato. I've never heard of this Snappy Tom's stuff but after a quick google search, I am intrigued. I will have to look into finding some for a Bloody Mary. [emoji106]

Kyle7R

I would still consider this a red beer since it doesn't have Clamato. I've never heard of this Snappy Tom's stuff but after a quick google search, I am intrigued. I will have to look into finding some for a Bloody Mary. [emoji106]

Alright, now we're splitting hairs :bleh::bleh:

I guess you're right, I don't keep clam juice around the house though. When I think about "red beer" I always think of my grandpa at the deer lease pouring Miller Genuine Draft into a cup, and topping it with Campbells tomato juice :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom