Jeep won't start after superchips programming interupted

Cpfiremn

I was programming with the superchips and the process was interrupted. Now it won't start. I disconnected and reconnected the battery and still won't start. Please help!!

Sent from Chewbacca

Tigrcky

That's what I'm worried about. Is it something the dealer has to do?

Sent from Chewbacca

a dealership or a autoshop with the proper software. its a walk in the park to do it, however the software is expensive. you might have to buy a new ECM if you did indeed ruin your current one

TheDuff

Curious how it got interupted? Just hoping to avoid the same thing.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cpfiremn

Curious how it got interupted? Just hoping to avoid the same thing.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm at work an got an emergency call while programming.. Stupid me, I brain farted and turned off the ignition while it was programming

Sent from Chewbacca

Tigrcky

I'm at work an got an emergency call while programming.. Stupid me, I brain farted and turned off the ignition while it was programming

Sent from Chewbacca

if its anything like a bios update on a motherboard of a computer its fried

Dealer charged me $250 for a flash, but beware, they tend to frown on the use of tuners for some reason.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
My tuner just started acting up after I updated it. If I go into the Advanced Tune settings it says "cannot detect ignition on" but when I go into the Quick Tune setting it seems to work fine. I haven't ever updated it in the two years I've had it and last week I thought I would update it because I thought I could set the gas pedal sensitivity/ throttle delay. After updating it didn't give me any new options and now it's not working properly. Just my luck!

Cpfiremn

My tuner just started acting up after I updated it. If I go into the Advanced Tune settings it says "cannot detect ignition on" but when I go into the Quick Tune setting it seems to work fine. I haven't ever updated it in the two years I've had it and last week I thought I would update it because I thought I could set the gas pedal sensitivity/ throttle delay. After updating it didn't give me any new options and now it's not working properly. Just my luck!

Mine won't even let me go into quick tune mode. It says the same as yours "cannot detect ignition on" all I can do is read the DTC codes. The engine fan comes on occasionally, meaning it was interrupted

Sent from Chewbacca

2k13jk

Try taking both battery terminals off and holding them together for 30 seconds then see if it will reset the computer if not with the key off press the trip button on the dash and hold it in and turn your ignition to run and let go of the button it will run threw a self diagnostic program and should give you a code to see if the ecu is communicating with the rest of the vehicle

Hesco22

What is the code suppose to look like? Mine just shows mileage and says cF.9 and some other numbers with one letter in front like L 130.5

aemery

This is the second dead jk I have read about in like the last week. Looks like this one was self-inflicted but is this pretty normal or an anomaly. Flashpaq is currently on my shopping list but I definitely don't want to kill my only vehicle.

mjsapien

Dealer charged me $250 for a flash, but beware, they tend to frown on the use of tuners for some reason.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app
After reflashing, i assumed the jeep would then start? I am considering replacing the ECM and is wondering if that would take care of my not starting.

MericaMade

Have you tried to pull the neg battery terminal for a few minutes and see what happens? Do you know at what point you turned off the jeep, was it while it was backing up your stock config or while flashing a new settting or tune? Can you get to reset to factory option if it has one?

Have you tried to pull the neg battery terminal for a few minutes and see what happens? Do you know at what point you turned off the jeep, was it while it was backing up your stock config or while flashing a new settting or tune? Can you get to reset to factory option if it has one?
Pssst. Date check. Noob bumped.

Top Bottom