EVO MFG Rear Bumper Fascia

wwood

Curious, what is everybody doing about the welds you have to cut when you trim the ends of the frame rails? Is it worth re-welding or is it good to leave as it is? I did a preliminary test fit, everything fits good, now I just have to tighten everything up or trim the frame rails and remount.

I don't have the facia but I trimmed the frame rail enough to be flush with the D-ring mounts and there is still a little of the weld left. Looks good enough to me so I don't plan to re-weld. Here are some pics:

Before trim:
DSC09676.jpg

After trim:
DSC00189.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the help! I mounted it without trimming and , of course, my OCD kicked in again so I unmounted it and cut away. I was surprised how easy it was to bolt on. I know a lot of folks have had issues with the wingnuts. I guess I lucked out, they both fit on the inside space in the crossmember and my bitch sized fingers had no issues manipulating them around until the bolt caught. This thing is a lot more heavy duty than I anticipated. Great product!
SAM_0594.jpg
SAM_0599.jpg
SAM_0603.jpg
SAM_0604.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the help! I mounted it without trimming and , of course, my OCD kicked in again so I unmounted it and cut away. I was surprised how easy it was to bolt on. I know a lot of folks have had issues with the wingnuts. I guess I lucked out, they both fit on the inside space in the crossmember and my bitch sized fingers had no issues manipulating them around until the bolt caught. This thing is a lot more heavy duty than I anticipated. Great product!
View attachment 72098
View attachment 72099
View attachment 72100
View attachment 72101

Awesome job Joe!:thumb: Dammit now I might have to trim mine. Was not too sure on the fascia at first, but I am really starting to dig it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Awesome job Joe!:thumb: Dammit now I might have to trim mine. Was not too sure on the fascia at first, but I am really starting to dig it.

Thanks Pete! I'm pretty impressed with the quality. Looks like Ill be removing the rear fender liners or at least trimming, they stick out a bit at the bottom. I may be trimming the fenders soon anyways to make some room.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks Pete! I'm pretty impressed with the quality. Looks like Ill be removing the rear fender liners or at least trimming, they stick out a bit at the bottom. I may be trimming the fenders soon anyways to make some room.

Can't wait to see! Really dig your rig!:rock:

mrmet1983

Yes it's all bolt on And yes u can run factory tow hitch I installed mine two weeks ago

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

davantalus

I still haven't picked up a fascia, however I painted the bottom of my tub (below the gate weather seal) and it made a WORLD of difference! Looks much more finished (less ticketable?) now.

PlenaBarba

Torque Specs

I know this is an old thread, but I'm finally getting around to doing some work on mine but I've missed placed the instructions. Anybody know where I can find the Torque specs? ORE doesn't seem to post anything like that on their website.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm finally getting around to doing some work on mine but I've missed placed the instructions. Anybody know where I can find the Torque specs? ORE doesn't seem to post anything like that on their website.

This is completely off memory... But I think the big through bolts are 120 lb-ft and the smaller stock bolts are 55 ???:idontknow:

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
View attachment 72098
View attachment 72099
View attachment 72100
View attachment 72101

Does anyone have any side view pictures of this Fascia and D Ring setup, thinking this may be my next modification. Thanks

xp1ik05

Old thread but just found this fascia don't know how I've missed it but does anyone have a side profile shot? I'm still up in the air about what rear bumper or lack there of road I want to go down but like the bfh style that keeps it close to the tub. Also wonder if it's possible to cut back the frame and re-drill the mounting holes to tuck it up closer and removing the cross member. Hmmm

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Old thread but just found this fascia don't know how I've missed it but does anyone have a side profile shot? I'm still up in the air about what rear bumper or lack there of road I want to go down but like the bfh style that keeps it close to the tub. Also wonder if it's possible to cut back the frame and re-drill the mounting holes to tuck it up closer and removing the cross member. Hmmm

Best view I have.
I wouldn't recommend the bfh because you remove a lot of the crossmember, and I definitely wouldn't remove it. That's part of the frame

Attachments

• 1424122787177.jpg
    1424122787177.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 399

xp1ik05

Best view I have.
I wouldn't recommend the bfh because you remove a lot of the crossmember, and I definitely wouldn't remove it. That's part of the frame

Thanks that helps. Seems to stay closer than I thought. The only thing that's got me hesitant with the fascia is the notch for the receiver looks weird if you don't have it on. I don't really consider that back crossmember much of the frame. Kinda like that crash bar on the front haha

mastrcruse

Anyone feel naked without a bumper? I think the function for off-roading with this makes sense but in an accident seems like it wouldn't be a good outcome vs a steel rear bumper. Any insights?

Top Bottom