The Pumpkin "Build"

David1tontj

View attachment 154351
Hopefully theses bald Mickey T's will be on the way to the recycle pile in 7-10 days.....

Bald?? Haha. I've driven out to Guys houses from Craigslist that said the tires had 95% tread..... Guess what, they were way less than the ones you have!! Heck, for craigslist standards, your Baja claws are brand new!!

View attachment 155718
New sneakers waiting for me by the garage door, thank you Brown Santa!!!!

Very nice!! Still 35s?

Armydog

Yeah I stayed with 35's. Partly because of advice from here....... and mostly because I wanted to stay with 15" wheels and was very limited by tire size available.....especially because I wanted Mud Grapplers.

If it ain't broke don't fix it I guess, I like them.......

David1tontj

Tango! I think so. Got 40oz of Dyna-Beads in the mail today. I just have to try these out myself.

You're going to hear a wide variety of reviews on that topic. I can already tell you though- I don't think 40oz is enough for 5 tires. Too much is ok, but not enough is worthless. I think I had like 12-13oz in each tire when I ran it.

Hope you're okay with the noise- it's what drove me away from the balancing beads.

David1tontj

Here's a video I took from the bbs in my wife's rig long ago. She hated the noise and eventually I got rid of them in the jeep for noise reasons as well. You hear them at certain speeds ( parking lot speed) when they are just curling over and bouncing off the rims.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/p8zYYYoMJIk?feature=oembed

You hear it when I went over the first speed bump, and again when coming to a stop at the end.

Last edited:

Armydog

We shall see how the Dyna Beads work. I can hear them but the tires are loud (a plus to me) anyway.

Why? Just cause I like to try stuff for myself. If they don't work or I don't like them I can get everything spin balanced. On the short highway ride back to the kennels they seemed smooth up to 65mph or so......

We shall see

Armydog

Looks great! How well do those balancing beads work compared to weights?

It's a little early in the beta-test. But so far it rides very smooth and steady for what it is.....a lifted 05 TJ. The tires SEEM to be perfectly balanced. This may be due to the Dyna-Beads or because Nitto makes a kick ass tire! Either way, day one and I am happy. I will update this thread if my opinion or observations change and my opinion is only worth it's weight in dog shit so take it for what's it's worth....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
14.5" wide. Plus I'm still running the 2" spacers due to the crappy steel wheels with stock-like offset. It's ok though, I like getting rocks thrown at me from the front tires!!

Lol! This comment had me going.
Your TJ is looking great!

Armydog

Anyone need a stock front axle shaft off a 05 TJR? Free if you pick it up or ship on your dime..... I think it's the passenger side. I will check if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom