The Pumpkin "Build"

Armydog

Hopefully I get the correct driveshaft installed tomorrow. Put the factor 55 and PS fairlead light mount on, gonna hold off on the CMM hawse fairlead until I get my synthetic rope (ordered from NR today). Also wired the LED backup lights on the rear bumper.

Pictures tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Armydog

Beauty shots of the new rear driveshaft.....
View attachment 96406
View attachment 96407
View attachment 96409
View attachment 96410
View attachment 96411
View attachment 96412
Ok, I KNOW the driveline angles are not good. I REALLY need adjustable upper control arms.....
BUT I don't want to get components that I am not gonna keep AND I cannot afford a long arm kit right now. So while it is far from ideal, am I doing any real damage running it like this until I can afford a long arm? Gonna see if the vibration is gone at highway speed in the morning.

I value all advise offered so please fire away.....

Armydog

Before my flight yesterday I put on the synthetic winch rope and reinstalled the factor 55 hitch link...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408844119.301902.jpg

AND the CMM custom etched fairlead.....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408844167.639767.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408844181.502680.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408844119.301902.jpg

The Pumpkin!!!!!!!!!

Armydog

Forgot, the shitty built XRC10 is rebuilt and working as intended. Fingers crossed she works for a while so I can save up for other things the pumpkin needs right now....

Armydog

Newbie question time.

So I changed the driveshaft for a Coast double cardan (thanks Northridge!). I still get some driveline vibration at highway speed. It's different than before I swapped out the stock shaft...but still there.

My question is this, am I risking damage to the jeep or the driveline by running the shaft angle like this? The pumpkin is lifted 4" (zone) and has a 1" body lift. Is the vibration just annoying or am I f-ing something else up?? Or risking damage???

Eventually I plan on a Clayton long arm kit. I just can't swing the piece tag right now. I hate to buy adjustable upper rear arms (JKS) if they are just gonna get pulled off later. BUT I don't want to damage the jeep or get stuck on route 81 on my way to or from Roush Creek next month.......

Opinions and advice please......

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Newbie question time.

So I changed the driveshaft for a Coast double cardan (thanks Northridge!). I still get some driveline vibration at highway speed. It's different than before I swapped out the stock shaft...but still there.

My question is this, am I risking damage to the jeep or the driveline by running the shaft angle like this? The pumpkin is lifted 4" (zone) and has a 1" body lift. Is the vibration just annoying or am I f-ing something else up?? Or risking damage???

Eventually I plan on a Clayton long arm kit. I just can't swing the piece tag right now. I hate to buy adjustable upper rear arms (JKS) if they are just gonna get pulled off later. BUT I don't want to damage the jeep or get stuck on route 81 on my way to or from Roush Creek next month.......

Do you have a slip yoke eliminatior installed? I remember reading that for older jeeps you need a SYE to help reduce the bind. Not sure tho. Maybe a vet can chime in

Armydog

Do you have a slip yoke eliminatior installed? I remember reading that for older jeeps you need a SYE to help reduce the bind. Not sure tho. Maybe a vet can chime in

its a Rubicon, so I don't think so...the DC Shaft bolts directly into the vibration dampener. Unless I am missing something...

Armydog

Labor Day Bump!!!!!!!!!

someone please give me some input into this.... am I killing my Pumpkin by not changing the upper rear control arms???

Armydog

Bump with quote to make it easier for my Framily to help me out.....

Labor day holiday bump!!!!!!!

newbie question time.

So i changed the driveshaft for a coast double cardan (thanks northridge!). I still get some driveline vibration at highway speed. It's different than before i swapped out the stock shaft...but still there.

My question is this, am i risking damage to the jeep or the driveline by running the shaft angle like this? The pumpkin is lifted 4" (zone) and has a 1" body lift. Is the vibration just annoying or am i f-ing something else up?? Or risking damage???

Eventually i plan on a clayton long arm kit. I just can't swing the piece tag right now. I hate to buy adjustable upper rear arms (jks) if they are just gonna get pulled off later. But i don't want to damage the jeep or get stuck on route 81 on my way to or from roush creek next month.......

Sent from my ipad using wayalife mobile app.......

Chadrobb

Just catching up on this thread but with that much lift, you are getting vibration from the driveline correct? You need to install the SYE and CV driveshaft of the correct length. That will help a LOT. It's super easy to do with the transfer case on or off the Jeep. It would be good to do upper rear control arms as well to get your pinion angle just right. That vibration in the driveline will wear parts out faster, but I ran mine a long time with it, never broke anything. Just really annoying. I hope it's ok to link to a different site? Sorry if not...

Here is a great read on SYE install. http://www.4x4xplor.com/SYE-CV2.html

So anyway, I think I'm reading you right and I hope this helps! Awesome Jeep too!

Armydog

Thank you for the replies. I don't think my Pumpkin has a slip yoke, because its a Rubicon. There is a harmonic balancer and the DS bolts directly to that. I hate the vibration but am glad to here that I am not breaking anything by running it this way. I would prefer to save my pennies until I can afford the long arm kit that I want....

Tango Yankee.

:beer:

Armydog

Fun day Monday night bump... Looking to find one of these surplus. I think I could modify it to be a bad ass solid tire carrier for the 37" Nittos on ATX slabs that I am dreaming of....
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410837695.627329.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410837717.110010.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410837735.003429.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410837748.779152.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410837760.883562.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410837777.217276.jpg

Armydog

There is a guy in a gecko jeep that could use that..

Was looking a a pile of them loose. Might be worth a shot on the pumpkin. Don't want to be a hummer wanna be, but nice idea not your have to lift the spare and these suckas hold solid as a rock

Top Bottom