The Pumpkin "Build"

Armydog

Ok. Ordered the metalcloak arched front fenders today. One step closer to the next step in the evolution of the Great Pumpkin.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Armydog

Tango, me too. MC estimates 4weeks....hope it doesn't take that long....

Armydog

Got my Tuffy security glove box yesterday. Still waiting for the MC front fenders. Took a few days of leave, gonna get the box, rear control arms, and fenders put on (I hope) while I'm off.......

Pictures to follow.

Armydog

So, dynatrack guys are awesome. Spend a long time on the phone with me answering all my dumb newbie questions......real big help planning the NEXT step toward the great pumpkin.....

Money, money, money......... Money!!!!!

Armydog

Brown Santa brought my fenders today!!!!! Got a project lined up for the next few days, pictures tomorrow after we meet with the builder, the banker and the real estate maker.......whole other project. To say the least.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So, dynatrack guys are awesome. Spend a long time on the phone with me answering all my dumb newbie questions......real big help planning the NEXT step toward the great pumpkin.....

Money, money, money......... Money!!!!!

big plans for pumpkin!!! what axles you looking at?

Brown Santa brought my fenders today!!!!! Got a project lined up for the next few days, pictures tomorrow after we meet with the builder, the banker and the real estate maker.......whole other project. To say the least.

what fenders you get? sorry if I missed it

Armydog

What up Coz, got the metal cloak arched fenders. No flares - just fenders. Talked to Dynatrac. They are working up a quote- actually two quotes.

Plan A. ProRock 60 front and rear. ARB, 4.88 gears, set up for the Clayton high clearance brackets.....

Plan B. (Most likely course of action). ProRock 60 rear with ARB. ProRock 44 front same locker and gears.

Even though they know I am still saving my pennies to pay for this project, they spent as much time and attention as I needed. And you know how needy I tend to get with all my dumb questions. No way in hell I will ever buy from anywhere else. These guys rock!

Can't wait to see your baby on a ProRock.....super jealous man.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What up Coz, got the metal cloak arched fenders. No flares - just fenders. Talked to Dynatrac. They are working up a quote- actually two quotes.

Plan A. ProRock 60 front and rear. ARB, 4.88 gears, set up for the Clayton high clearance brackets.....

Plan B. (Most likely course of action). ProRock 60 rear with ARB. ProRock 44 front same locker and gears.

Even though they know I am still saving my pennies to pay for this project, they spent as much time and attention as I needed. And you know how needy I tend to get with all my dumb questions. No way in hell I will ever buy from anywhere else. These guys rock!

Can't wait to see your baby on a ProRock.....super jealous man.

nice! cant wait to see them installed!

IMO Plan B is the way I would go if I were you. cheaper yet really strong!

lol trust me I first got my quote from them over a year ago! they answered all my questions and then some even later when I had more! Dynatrac, Drew at ORE and Eddie have been a big help in planning my prorock build!

yea im cant wait either! I finally sunk in last night while driving to the beach that I ordered one finally! I was laughing hysterically in excitement!

Armydog

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416263228.580116.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416263241.076461.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416263260.184136.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416263277.789338.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416263289.722866.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416263302.178325.jpg

Ok, got the stock fenders off and the metalcloak fenders mocked up and mostly installed. All the under hood stuff is remounted and where it is supposed to be, but it was so freeking wet today I could not paint the outer fenders. Gonna have to pull them off on a nicer day and paint them.

Interesting that MC only tack welds the sheet metal to the tubes along the bottom edge. Called them and I guess robo-welding in production would create to much heat and warp the sheet steel. So they tack them in four places. I might take them to a local shop and have them welded with a full bead. Any suggestion? Should I even bother?

Chadrobb

Oh this thread is great! I still love my TJ's.

A buddy of mine runs those fenders, and we did not weld the sheet metal. So far its fine, been about a year or so.

Love it!!

Chadrobb

I think I read correctly but you are running the zone 4" lift? If so, how do you like it??
I have a set of zone shocks sitting on my bench. I stare at them wondering why there are no straps keeping them from expanding. Were your's like that?

Assuming of course I read correctly. If its not zone, skip on over this. :)

Armydog

I think I read correctly but you are running the zone 4" lift? If so, how do you like it??
I have a set of zone shocks sitting on my bench. I stare at them wondering why there are no straps keeping them from expanding. Were your's like that?

Assuming of course I read correctly. If its not zone, skip on over this. :)

You are correct, it is a zone 4" lift. But I ditched the zone shocks and am running rancho rs9000s. I like the ranchos but to be fair I think the old zone shocks were just wore out.

I am swapping out the upper rear control arms with BDS adjustables, but other than that the zone lift seems to work well enough. Have a Clayton long arm kit in planning mode.......always one more mod!

Chadrobb

Its an awesome project for sure! Watching closely! I just picked up a 99 TJ 4.0 I've started rebuilding. Doing all the "important" stuff first. New cooling, brakes, exhaust, seals etc. Then on to a new suspension. :)

Armydog

Its an awesome project for sure! Watching closely! I just picked up a 99 TJ 4.0 I've started rebuilding. Doing all the "important" stuff first. New cooling, brakes, exhaust, seals etc. Then on to a new suspension. :)

Sweet dude, good on you. Post pictures so I can watch and learn as well

Armydog

Painting the MC front fenders today. Using Rustoleum pro primer and flat black paint. Taking my time with light coats. I'll post some pictures in a while. Multi-tasking

Armydog

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416786146.048853.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416786157.741101.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416786169.479254.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416786183.853599.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416786203.803094.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416786203.803094.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416786241.987838.jpg
Primer and paint on the MC fenders today. I also filled the open end of the tube with great stuff insulation. Figured that will keep water and salt out of there, maybe hold off the cancer for a while.

The drivers side is finished and installed, but I ran out of time before I painted the passenger side. Had to go meet the builder to review our house plans......

Not sure if I'm gonna paint the access panels black or contrast with an orange......am going to undercoat the inner fender wells once it all put back together. Then install the LED signal lights and she should be good to go......

Top Bottom