The Pumpkin "Build"

Armydog

OK. MC fronts, no flares on. painted fender, well, and insert panel all black. decided to leave out the color in tribute to Ferguson Missouri.... too soon?

pics are on the phone............

Armydog

so now I have a couple of "problems"

#1 - the 35" Mickey Ts are WAY TOO SMALL(that's what she said)!!!!!!! I knew this was going to happen, problem is the step to 37"s will also involved 17" beedlock wheels and therefore require stronger front and rear axles...... so the price of (5)wheels, (5)tires, A PR60 rear and a PR60 front, ARB lockers, on board air....... these are going to be very expensive tires....

#2 - the mid width front bumper is WAY TOO WIDE(that's what he said)!!!!!! Need a stubby preferably with a tall stinger...... but that is part of the plan anyhow. Might experiment with cutting off the ends of this bumper and having it welded flat. but for what that might cost, I may be better off springing for a PS or GenRight front bumper......

#3 - need to install a CJ type front turn signal, ordered a set but they are too large (never heard that) for the grill. going to return and exchange them for a smaller amber turn and marker light. The 3/4 LEDs work for now and are pretty clean in the front of the bumper bracket, but I think I want more of a throw-back look......

Armydog

oops, forgot.....

#4 - (2) nutserts on the driver's side slider failed. I have to pull the slider and re-install new inserts. This was DEFINATELY installer error - even Dennis from Terrjunk knows that. going to be a pain in the ass, but will give me the chance to check for cancer hiding behind there...... also need to drill and bolt the fender to the slider on both sides.......but ALMOST done with this step.....

wish we got more snow!! BORING!!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
thank you! appreciate it, I like the look even if the local popo' have been eyeballing me when I drive by..... FDP!!

LOL! Fender and lift laws are the worst! Glad that VA doesn't have them (to my knowledge).

JeepDrum

I'm going to agree with what everyone else has said. The fenders are a really nice addition to the rig. Looks great!

Armydog

Help me please.......
I put a Drake Off Road Billet fuel cap (lockin) on the TJ. Now the check engine light is on. I stopped at Pepboys and they read the trouble code, sure enough it is a fuel system vapor recovery leak I.e. bad gas cap.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm gonna throw the stock cap on for a little while and see if it resets, but I want to run the billet cap. Any suggestions????

Top Bottom