Camper project

Ed Lapadura

Hey guys I got a few hrs in on the trailer today and framed out the main cabin. I'll take some pictures at first light. :rock:

Ed Lapadura

Here are pictures of the framework. I made a slight V-nose on the front hoping to help the gas mileage. The door is offset to make room for the water tank (shown) As well as the sink, stove and porta-potty. The bed platform will fold up against the drivers side wall. At least that's the plan. :thinking:
058.jpg 059.jpg

bl17z90

Looking great so far man!!! :thumb:

Something like this is on my to do list one day so i have an easier time dragging my camping gear up to the trails since the 2 door barely has enough room for my wife and i and our 2 dogs :doh:

It also looks like a blast building something like this, especially if you have a good friend helping you.

Army_Vet

Banned
While that product is cool The sheet aluminum I get is local and inexpensive.
I wasn't thinking of you buying duraplate new. Yes it would be expensive. I was suggesting you source it from a recycler. it would be next to nothing for a far superior product.
but I can see how it would be a PITA to source. Im sure your Idea will work great

Woody3

Coming along, looks great Ed. Is it going to be a full or queen size bed? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Lapadura

Coming along, looks great Ed. Is it going to be a full or queen size bed? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning on getting a full size air mattress. The platform for the bed will be 4'x6'4" cut length wise and hinged to fold up against the drivers side wall when not in use. The sink, water tank, stove and porta potty will be on the passenger side. A bench will be on the drivers side. when the bed is down it'll cover the bench and counter space. Under the bench will be storage space as well as under the counter. Outside the back I'm going to plumb in a shower head and fab up a circular shower curtain for the outdoor shower. On the pass outside a fold down counter top for cooking and food prep and a water valve for wash up. Of coarse it'll have 12v or 110 volt power as well as solar power for charging the on board 12 v battery. In the inside front it'll have a 20" flat screen and dvd player. I need to find some rv windows for the sides and figure out the a/c I'll use.

Last edited:

pastorwug

Very nice, I'm looking at a M101 and if not a 416. Very hard to find in good condition.

The M101s are auctioned all over the States and are typically available as low as $150.
Check out the Govt auctions.

I bought mine (M101A) locally from a guy that won the auction for a set of two.
Love mine and you'll probably love yours as well.

Armydog

Looking forward to how you work this out, it looks great!

I would love to "borrow" one of these from my uncle and use it as a camper, but purpose building a camper like you are doing is the bomb!!! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393983478.930168.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393983495.508477.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom