Oh oh problem with Mickey's?

Panda

So upon inspecting my jeep after my bday rubicon trip I noticed one of my tires Mickey Thompson 33x12.50 17 Baja mtz's has a problem it seems to be delamitating or peeling, only one tire is doing this :( just wondering if anyone else has had a tire do this? Doesn't look like trail damage, gonna take it back to my local unnamed 4 wheel shop were I purchased tomorrow see what they say ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392945185.161249.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392945202.844853.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392945217.395246.jpg

Sent from bad apples...

I do not have that problem but do have one that is cupping bad. So bad it is almost as noise as a mud grappler. Going to rotate it next oil change which is coming up soon.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Panda

I also wana say I was very impressed so far at 5000 mi on this tires performance on & off road, excellent on wet pavement & snow so just hoping it's a rare defect :thinking:

Sent from bad apples...

Sudz

on my second set, they have served me well

but, something is funky with that tire - hope they take care of it

Panda

Well my unamed 4w shop said it was heavy off road use haha I thought that's what these tires were for :thinking: I called bullshit he called Mickey & no answer, so waiting to hear back

Sent from bad apples...

Army_Vet

Banned
Well my unamed 4w shop said it was heavy off road use haha I thought that's what these tires were for :thinking: I called bullshit he called Mickey & no answer, so waiting to hear back

Sent from bad apples...

I would have asked.... then why are the other three fine?
But I have the same logic. I thought that's what they were made for. As a matter of fact what was the Mickey Thomson brand built from again?

Anyways good luck

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2trackin

I'm going to say that something went wrong in the manufacturing process. Manufacturer warranty should cover that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Panda

I would have asked.... then why are the other three fine?
But I have the same logic. I thought that's what they were made for. As a matter of fact what was the Mickey Thomson brand built from again?

Anyways good luck

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I agree & I did ask why weren't the others damaged that's when he said he would call but haven't heard back so I will try to contact Mickey Thompson myself on Monday meanwhile ill use my spare for safety

Sent from bad apples...

Panda

So after not hearing from unnamed 4 wheel store I finally had time to call Mickey Thompson myself & they said my store must deal with this & gave me a # to call 4 wheel store headquarters, they answered right away & were very helpfull he said I would hear right back from them, not even 2 minutes later I get a call from my local 4 wheel store & wow they decided to replace my tire right away! I guess you just gotta be pushy sometimes

Sent from bad apples...

Rayz

i would guess that tire may have gotten over or under cured while in the press...or there was a foreign substance on the mold -oil.. grease

Top Bottom