sPOD : Honesty, Integrity and the Lack Thereof

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Wayalife/Eddie doesn't own Project JK? Or did I read that wrong?

Thanks for sharing the details as it gives everyone a better insight as to what companies we support.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Where did you read that? Eddie and Cindy own Project-JK and Wayalife.

ChaosNein

What happened on Wayalife between sPOD and Eddie, should NOT reflect any negatively toward offroadevolution. :twocents:

It should not and does not. I dont sell the person I sell the product. Whether it be sPOD or TeraFlex or ATX or ARB or whatever parts I am selling...

All that being said, MY PERSONAL relationships with any of these individuals is not in question here. I have great relationships with all of our vendors.

Last edited:

WBJK

Where did you read that? Eddie and Cindy own Project-JK and Wayalife.

To be fair, I used to have all this posted up on my old forum, back when I still owned it. Of course, the guys running the show now feel that it's bad for business and have since removed it.

Looks like I read it correctly just assumed 'old forum' was project JK. Thanks for clearing that up OverlanderJK

DMF

In his defense rubirock can be bipolar. And everything they said is legit.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To bring all this back on topic, I started this thread because HONESTY and INTEGRITY are things that are important to ME. If they are important to you as well, the FACTS I have shared proving how the owner of sPOD, John Angelastro, was engaged in a deliberate act of undercover pimping should be of interest to you. If I were a vendor, I personally would not sell their products. As a consumer, I definitely would not buy one but again, that's just me. What's important to you and how you choose to spend your money is really, none of my business.

As OverlanderJK said earlier, I don't always agree with everything my friends do but that doesn't mean we can't still be friends.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What happened on Wayalife between sPOD and Eddie...

To be clear, nothing happened between sPOD and me per se. sPOD was deliberately undercover pimping on my old forum and I caught him red handed doing it. All I have done with this thread is share that fact and back it up with proof.

Project-JK is not a forum. It is a website with technical information.

This is correct. We still own Project-JK and it is a technical website. If anything, it is a sister site to WAYALIFE.

I for one like SPOD had it for over a year and half and works as advertised

Nobody ever said that it didn't work as advertised, just that the owner of sPOD was caught red handed deliberately undercover pimping his product and to this day, remains completely unapologetic about the fact. If things like honesty and integrity don't matter to you, I hope you enjoy what you have chosen to support.

OllllO Fanatic

Why is this interesting? We are a retail shop and sell a majority of the manufactures out there.

I didn't mean any thing negative by it, and have nothing but good to say about ORE. I still plan on buying a lift from you all. From reading all of Eddies post I thought he made mention of Mel not being a fan. I own an sPod, how can I bash some one for selling them if I bought one. Ehh is what it is I have only respect for ORE and ment nothing by it. I'll keep my random thoughts to my self from now on.

I just now read further back, and I wasn't trying to be an ass hat, sorry.

Last edited:

Zstairlessone

Mel sells quality products and the sPod is certainly a quality product. Eddie is commenting on the people and how they conducted themselves on his forum and what they did was pretty sh#%y. The two are unrelated. Now, making a decision to not buy a quality product for personal reasons does in no way reflect back on the retailer selling that product. If my family sold a quality product that I had something like that happen to me i would chose not to buy the item, but I would still love my family, show up for (as many as they allow:)) dinners etc and openly support them. Remember at the end of the day what Mel is doing is completely up front and honest, selling quality products to his customers.

I'll definitely buy from ORE, I just chose to spend my money with them on something other than an sPod. Thanks to Eddie for the heads up!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Although these weren't exactly the same thing as what sPod did, honesty and integrity were still a matter of concern in what Morris4x4 and Extreme Terrain were involved in. And, I must say that it really has been nice to see companies like theirs own up to the things they have done and apologize for the actions. As some of you know, Morris4x4 recently apologized for what they had done:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?18244-Morris4x4-Plagiarizing-WAYALIFE-(Apology-Made)

And just yesterday, Extreme Terrain just apologized as well:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-Selling-Copyrighted-JK-Decals-(Apology-Made)

Of course, we all know where sPod stands when it comes to things like honesty and integrity.

SavageMonkey

I was looking to purchase one of these units during the winter months. Suffice to say "WAS" is the key word here. I have been involved in my family run business for years. And as way stated "you are only as good as your word."

The product looks good as from all the YouTube vids and write ups I've seen but when you employ suspect practices and violate a TOS agreement all to advance your product instead of being truthful, having integrity and going the correct route you sir lose all credibility...

When you fail to uphold basic standards and practices of business, get caught, are called out on your actions and continue to perpetrate a lie in hopes of..... whatever the hell you hope for instead of owning up to your mistake, ask for forgiveness and make amends then you deserve what you get.

I've seen other items for sale online and also a member here on WAL who created his own switch box using fiberglass (which I would love to build, buy, hijack....) and Frankensteining it so it looks factory. Suffice to say I need to look for alternative options as I will not be putting an sPOD unit or anything that company creates in my JK.

Thanks for sharing Eddie...

skyefalcon6

I've been researching SPOD alternatives and came across this thread again. After re-reading the shenanigans, it's clear this John guy would fail miserably as a spy.

"Are you an American spy?"
"No, no way"
"Ok, you're in. What's your email address so we can communicate and whatnot?"
"john@cia.gov"
:grayno:

JohnnyD

Wow this is pretty shady stuff. Anything to make bucks nowadays....😢...and when caught act like nothing u were doing was wrong ...just shady....problem is I know many people throughout my industry who would act this very way and think nothing of it. It's downright shameful...

Top Bottom