The Evolution of ENVY Build

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Many people should be flattered as tons run all this stuff. πŸ‘ That goes back before either of us, or MTG. Should I give credit now, again??? I've given credit for the red several times as I did mine the same day as drew. I actually think Russ was the first angle slider seen in person. I'm not sure when the first silver jeep was purchased, but guess I should thank that buyer. And then of course can't forget Henry ford. πŸ˜‰

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422038901.082413.jpg :grayno:

Templar

Jason - I thoroughly unjoyed reading every page of your build thread. Well done Sir! :beer:

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Jason - I thoroughly unjoyed reading every page of your build thread. Well done Sir! :beer:

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow, really??? You must be bored...LOL. In all seriousness, I appreciate it. πŸ‘ I'm about as green as one can be, so much to learn. Trying to have fun along the way.

Welcome to wayalife too.

Templar

Wow, really??? You must be bored...LOL. In all seriousness, I appreciate it.  I'm about as green as one can be, so much to learn. Trying to have fun along the way.

Welcome to wayalife too.

Well I don't know about that, it looks like you are making some solid decisions with your build and its really coming together nicely. There will always be a lot to learn, I think that is part of the fun. I thought I was pretty knowledgeable this being the 3rd Jeep I am building, but man was I wrong. I have learned a lot lately from the members here, and the build threads like this one. It's humbling in a good way.

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here.

JAGS

Hooked
Photo treatment of ENVY in Death Valley. Makes her look pretty bad ass. Thanks WAL for the original.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422937310.847441.jpg

In real life she spends most day in garage, driveway or hwy.

JAGS

Hooked
I have a couple projects in the garage that are screaming for attention. My schedule doesn't give much room for family time and garage time (or ORE time πŸ˜‰). Had to pick one this weekend, so I decided to take ENVY for a little coastal stroll.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424238655.258954.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424238667.668399.jpg

Hopefully can find some extra time to keep the EVOlution going.

JAGS

Hooked
Did you ever get those shock relocation brackets on?

They too are on the ever growing list of projects. :grayno: Dam, I need to get to work. Actually, I need to not get to work so I have time to do this stuff. You know it's bad when I don't even have time to drop off at ORE and have them do it. :crazyeyes::cheesy:

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
I love doing all the work I think I am capable of.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ If I did all the work I think I'm capable of, I wouldn't do any. πŸ˜‰ Which is kind of what happened. Lol.

Im still a little nervous to do suspension related stuff, but the things waiting for ENVY, I really would like to tackle myself...or with some help. I just need that eighth day of the week.

TheStick

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ If I did all the work I think I'm capable of, I wouldn't do any. πŸ˜‰ Which is kind of what happened. Lol.

Im still a little nervous to do suspension related stuff, but the things waiting for ENVY, I really would like to tackle myself...or with some help. I just need that eighth day of the week.

I'm right there with you. I never learned as much as I'd like and never feel like I have enough time.

Such is life. :)

JAGS

Hooked
I'm right there with you. I never learned as much as I'd like and never feel like I have enough time.

Such is life. :)

I'm lucky to have a job that affords the opportunity to care for my family, save for the future and a little extra to splurge now and then.

I'm equally lucky to have my family that wants me around and kids that still think it's cool to have me pick them up from school, coach sports teams and do fun things on the weekends.

Those are times I'll only get once, so if it means putting off a project on the jeep or even having someone else put in time on ENVY, I'm more than ok with it.

As you said so perfectly, such is life. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘

07JKSahara

I'm lucky to have a job that affords the opportunity to care for my family, save for the future and a little extra to splurge now and then.

I'm equally lucky to have my family that wants me around and kids that still think it's cool to have me pick them up from school, coach sports teams and do fun things on the weekends.

Those are times I'll only get once, so if it means putting off a project on the jeep or even having someone else put in time on ENVY, I'm more than ok with it.

As you said so perfectly, such is life. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘

Glad you said this! The reason I don't have a "dream build" is these. Nicely worded.

JAGS

Hooked
Glad you said this! The reason I don't have a "dream build" is these. Nicely worded.

Thanks. As for the "dream build," just have to have more dreams. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ The first time I took my family out on a trip in my then stock Rubi with less than 500 miles, it was a dream build. πŸ˜ƒ

JAGS

Hooked
Swapped out the old ones...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424467627.374588.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424467637.597695.jpg

With these....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424467661.787984.jpg

To get this....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424467871.855520.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424467883.929711.jpg

Noticeably "whiter" and a better match to the TL LEDs. I'm not expecting a big different in light output, but will check em out at night. For $30 bucks, it works and will keep my OCD in line. Ibehwhoisjoshua has been running them for a while and where I got the idea. πŸ‘

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Noticeably "whiter" and a better match to the TL LEDs. I'm not expecting a big different in light output, but will check em out at night. For $30 bucks, it works and will keep my OCD in line. Ibehwhoisjoshua has been running them for a while and where I got the idea. πŸ‘

Nice. Ive had those saved in my wish list for a while now ever since I saw the match. Need to get these soon.

Top Bottom