Nitto mud

Holeshot

Banned
I am looking forward to maybe buy a set of 37x13,5x17, but can't find any info on the load range. How much plies do they have?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am looking forward to maybe buy a set of 37x13,5x17, but can't find any info on the load range. How much plies do they have?

I'm pretty sure you can get them in 8 or 10 ply. My 35's are 10 ply

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would go on nittos website and look. You should be able to get more info there as to if they are 8 ply or 10 plu

Sent from my iPhone

GCM 2

I saw that you have not gotten a definitive answer yet, so here is what I have for you off my 40"x13.5"x17"s. I'm guessing they may be identical???

Tread= 7
Sidewall= 3

image-1835207998.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I hadn't run a 37x13.50R17 Nitto Mud Grappler before but, I think it's safe to assume that it shares the same carcass as a Toyo MT and can tell you that they were a load Range E. The 40x15.50R20 Mud Grapplers were a Load Range D and the new K-Spec 40x13.50R17 Trail Grapplers I have now are only a Load Range C.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I saw that you have not gotten a definitive answer yet, so here is what I have for you off my 40"x13.5"x17"s. I'm guessing they may be identical???

Tread= 7
Sidewall= 3

GCM2, nice job on posting the photo of the sidewall.

According to Nitto's web site the 37x13.50R17 Mud Grappler comes in an E 10 ply rating.

https://www.nittotire.com/Tire/Grappler truck/mudgrappler#size

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

LOL!! Looks like I took too much time typing :crazyeyes:

Holeshot

Banned
ho I see!

Didn't know that the "E" before the speed rating was for the load range. Good to know!

37x13.50R17LT E131P

I had found my answer a little earlier this morning on the ebay store page of DTD

thanks for the replys guys. :standing wave:

jkjurny

I hadn't run a 37x13.50R17 Nitto Mud Grappler before but, I think it's safe to assume that it shares the same carcass as a Toyo MT and can tell you that they were a load Range E. The 40x15.50R20 Mud Grapplers were a Load Range D and the new K-Spec 40x13.50R17 Trail Grapplers I have now are only a Load Range C.

How's the ride difference between the C on Moby vs E on Rubicat? Any noticeable difference?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How's the ride difference between the C on Moby vs E on Rubicat? Any noticeable difference?

Actually, Rubicat is running 37x12.50R17 Trail Grapplers and they are a Load Range D. There is no noticeable difference in ride quality between them - both are very soft and comfortable. My old Load Range E Toyos were firm and noticeably rougher unless you ran them at 24 PSI.

jkjurny

Actually, Rubicat is running 37x12.50R17 Trail Grapplers and they are a Load Range D. There is no noticeable difference in ride quality between them - both are very soft and comfortable. My old Load Range E Toyos were firm and noticeably rougher unless you ran them at 24 PSI.

Dang. Didn't know that the 37s came in D. Just wondering since my Nitto TG 35s are Es. Good to know KSpec 40s are C. Maybe my target upgrade in a couple of years.

Holeshot

Banned
From my personal experiences, D rated would run a lot smoother than E rated tires. I compared mine with my brother tires, almost identical rig, and my D runs a lot better, even at higher psi, than the E. But, it was not the same brand, mine were goodyear duratracs 315, and my brother had firestone destination mt 33's.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
The 37" Toyo MTs (load range E) I had also definitely like to be run in the 23-25psi range. Any more than that got a bit bouncy. Keep the pressure low enough though and I thought they were pretty comfortable.

whispike

The 37" Toyo MTs (load range E) I had also definitely like to be run in the 23-25psi range. Any more than that got a bit bouncy. Keep the pressure low enough though and I thought they were pretty comfortable.

Doesn't that kill your gas mileage running at that psi? I know we don't drive jeeps for the mpg's but I would think that would really lose some. I ran my 35 inch General Grabbers at 32 psi down from the 35-36 psi range and could really notice a difference in lost mpg and my steering was a lot more sluggish.

Top Bottom