Thanks to our female member Army_Vet

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Well, I can't guarantee this, but I think Army_Vet may have actually "logged off" for the last time. I'm no detective ;) but he changed all the info on his profile and removed his avatar. Just like his buddy nbruno did.....

Are you gone forever Army_Vet?

Damn bro, let it go. Who gives a shite if he's still here or not. Some secret long distance man crush going on here?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Damn bro, let it go. Who gives a shite if he's still here or not. Some secret long distance man crush going on here?

Damn brother, let it go. Why do you give a shite anyways? Do you have some secret crush or something? Why do you care? :crazy eyes: thanks for your feedback JK_Dave it was meant for Army_Vet not you, although you do have the underscore thing in common.

I figured all the RC guys would be comforting their little sensitive warrior by now.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jk4x4wrangler

I'm still waiting to hear how I insulted veterans (plural). Did I insult Army_Vet? Perhaps. Do he and I have some history? Yes. So what? Do I need to explain myself to you or anyone else? No.

Holy shit I can't believe how sensitive everyone seems to be. How the hell did you all survive puberty, much less adulthood?

Didn't really get to the end to see if anyone put this out there, but perhaps it's not the vets that are still among us who this is most offensive and insensitive to, perhaps a tongue in cheek "Thanks" is most disrespectful to the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice, and their families who can no longer feel the embrace of their loved ones. Seeing how we are a nation still at war, and service members are still coming home in boxes you should consider having a little more sensitivity towards them and keep what's between you and "some guy" on the internet between the two of you.....just sayin ...

Armydog

Didn't really get to the end to see if anyone put this out there, but perhaps it's not the vets that are still among us who this is most offensive and insensitive to, perhaps a tongue in cheek "Thanks" is most disrespectful to the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice, and their families who can no longer feel the embrace of their loved ones. Seeing how we are a nation still at war, and service members are still coming home in boxes you should consider having a little more sensitivity towards them and keep what's between you and "some guy" on the internet between the two of you.....just sayin ...

I can only speak for myself. For what that is worth - add four bucks and you can get a Starbucks.... I am not offended.

For me it is a matter of mind over matter..... I do not mind, because you do not matter!

Not being offensive or confrontational but the truth is that your opinion of me has no effect on my life or the quality thereof. I know who I am, what I've done and what is important to me. If the comments, jokes, jabs and (perceived) insults of others can have an effect on my mood then I need to develop thicker skin or a spine!!!

I've left soldiers behind, and nothing anyone who was not there can say will diminish what they gave for all of us and what they will always mean to me. It just seems to me that as a group "we" have become spoiled by so many people thanking us for our service. I wish to believe that the surge of patriotism in this country is sincere and will endure, but I have my doubts. People are fickle and have short memories... That having been said, who "thanked" the veterans returning home from Vietnam??!!?? When is the last time you shook the hand of a WWII veteran?? The Greatest Generation ever!!

I serve my country because it is what I feel I am supposed to do in life - at this time. Someday I'm sure to be a Walmart greeter or a security guard at the mall.... Someday. For now, I serve. Not for your respect or gratitude but for my love of my country. Period. Please feel free to speak your mind, joke and enjoy life. You will not offend me.

Just lend a hand when I get stuck on a trail and I will do the same.......

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Tigrcky

while catching up on some light reading( this forum and the book war and peace) one thing came to mind... i like bacon!!!!! so i part with these pictures for those of you that are still upset some as a reminder of the finer things in life :thumb:

bacon.jpg bacon-1024x754.jpg

I try to stay clear of replying to these 'spat' threads, but do keep track of them and form my own thoughts of who right and wrong or thin-skinned or way off base and and I must say... Thank you 'Armydog' for a great post above ^^^ and thanks for your service. I feel you said it all for a lot of us! :thumb:

GCM 2

......you should consider having a little more sensitivity towards them and keep what's between you and "some guy" on the internet between the two of you.....just sayin ...

Lighten up Francis..........

Armydog pretty much sums it up with his post :rock: There is one thing I have learned after many decades of living and working in third world armpits that our country may, or may not be engaged in military operations; any veteran who would be so slightly offended at the original post (even if they knew the entire backstory of this comical thread) is probably living vicariously and disingenuously through second, third and fourth hand stories they have heard about that were actually conducted by guys who rarely get offended.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I can only speak for myself. For what that is worth - add four bucks and you can get a Starbucks.... I am not offended.

For me it is a matter of mind over matter..... I do not mind, because you do not matter!

Not being offensive or confrontational but the truth is that your opinion of me has no effect on my life or the quality thereof. I know who I am, what I've done and what is important to me. If the comments, jokes, jabs and (perceived) insults of others can have an effect on my mood then I need to develop thicker skin or a spine!!!

I've left soldiers behind, and nothing anyone who was not there can say will diminish what they gave for all of us and what they will always mean to me. It just seems to me that as a group "we" have become spoiled by so many people thanking us for our service. I wish to believe that the surge of patriotism in this country is sincere and will endure, but I have my doubts. People are fickle and have short memories... That having been said, who "thanked" the veterans returning home from Vietnam??!!?? When is the last time you shook the hand of a WWII veteran?? The Greatest Generation ever!!

I serve my country because it is what I feel I am supposed to do in life - at this time. Someday I'm sure to be a Walmart greeter or a security guard at the mall.... Someday. For now, I serve. Not for your respect or gratitude but for my love of my country. Period. Please feel free to speak your mind, joke and enjoy life. You will not offend me.

Just lend a hand when I get stuck on a trail and I will do the same.......

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Great post!

Brankz

Damn brother, let it go. Why do you give a shite anyways? Do you have some secret crush or something? Why do you care? :crazy eyes: thanks for your feedback JK_Dave it was meant for Army_Vet not you, although you do have the underscore thing in common.

What happened to army vet?

eeftw

LOL just read through this thread. Jimmies are on full rustle some of you.

I could care less if anyone insults my military service because hell I even do/did. My time was spent waiting on a fkin airplane to break all the while googling/wikipedia'ing stupid crap to pass the time (when I had internet). When the airplane finally did break it was 70% user error.

If anyone in the military tries to convince you that they are a lean mean fighting machine, who has Putin in the crosshairs waiting on Obama's order to execute... I've got bad news. :naw:

Top Bottom