Thinkin About Getting Back Into a Jeep!

FeltsYouUp

I haven't posted on here in a while since I traded my '12 JK Unlimited for a new 5.0 Mustang. Of course, after I made that trade, I found out I was going to be moving to Hawaii. This place is Jeep central! From my understanding the trails available for off roading are somewhat limited, but there is a big part of me that misses the space of the four door JK, and wants another drop top! I'd love a newer Rubicon, but prices on those still seem to be pretty high. I would definitely go for the automatic this time, either way.

I also thought about just keeping the mustang and just picking up an older YJ or CJ, but my worry is that I'll end up chasing down too many little problems rather than really enjoying the Jeep. I've had four mustangs and two jeep wranglers in my life...cant seem to decide between the two, lol.

Has anyone else here sold their JK, just to go buy another one down the road?? :crazyeyes:

noroad

I haven't posted on here in a while since I traded my '12 JK Unlimited for a new 5.0 Mustang. Of course, after I made that trade, I found out I was going to be moving to Hawaii. This place is Jeep central! From my understanding the trails available for off roading are somewhat limited, but there is a big part of me that misses the space of the four door JK, and wants another drop top! I'd love a newer Rubicon, but prices on those still seem to be pretty high. I would definitely go for the automatic this time, either way.

I also thought about just keeping the mustang and just picking up an older YJ or CJ, but my worry is that I'll end up chasing down too many little problems rather than really enjoying the Jeep. I've had four mustangs and two jeep wranglers in my life...cant seem to decide between the two, lol.

Has anyone else here sold their JK, just to go buy another one down the road?? :crazyeyes:

I blow my transfer case in my yj in my 2 year of college fixed it and then sold it for a passat, pretty much hated my self for doing it had the passat 7 months and traded it in for 2012 will never make that mistake again. Might buy another car to have with it, but not having a wrangler is now to me like not having my phone or wallet on me!

bl17z90

There are a number of guys on here who traded in their 2 doors for 4 doors or non rubis for rubis. I personally wouldn't buy a rubicon if the wheeling was really limited like you say.

I also wouldn't have a wrangler as my DD out there since rain seems to come out of nowhere and you could get caught in it with your top off at any time. So maybe if you really want a JK you can look for and older (07-10) 2 door to save money so you can keep your Mustang too.

By the way. As a Mustang lover I would look at it the same way as my Jeep. If I had one I don't know if i could ever get rid of it.

NV375

I traded both my '07 JKU and my '07 F150 in on a RAM 4x4 to tow my retirement rv in may of '13. In January '14 I bought a '14 JKUR my 5th jeep since 1991. May have a '47 on the way if I can get the wife to agree. It's a way of life. :)

Sent using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I've known 1 person that bought a 2 door JK after owning pickup trucks his whole life. He lasted about 2 months and traded it in on another truck. He hated it! Its not for everyone. For me personally, after owning the CJ7, 2 door JK and 4 door JKU, I will never not have a Jeep. Being a 'car guy', there are many vehicles that I love. I've owned AMG Mercedes, Land Rover, Mustangs, Lincoln Navigator, 58' VW, a Wagoneer, a Cherokee Chieftain Sport, 2 International Scouts, Ford and Chevy trucks and a bunch of others. The open top Jeeps is where its at for me. I can drive comfortably in the city if I need to, its big enough I don't feel like I'm in a Prius, its small enough to whip around when I need to, its a convertible when I want. For me, they really are the perfect vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I love Mustangs, just so much you can do with them. Jeeps I can go all the same places (just not as fast!) and still go exploring off road. Opens up a whole new world for me. Just some thoughts.

1BAMFR

I've known 1 person that bought a 2 door JK after owning pickup trucks his whole life. He lasted about 2 months and traded it in on another truck. He hated it! Its not for everyone. For me personally, after owning the CJ7, 2 door JK and 4 door JKU, I will never not have a Jeep. Being a 'car guy', there are many vehicles that I love. I've owned AMG Mercedes, Land Rover, Mustangs, Lincoln Navigator, 58' VW, a Wagoneer, a Cherokee Chieftain Sport, 2 International Scouts, Ford and Chevy trucks and a bunch of others. The open top Jeeps is where its at for me. I can drive comfortably in the city if I need to, its big enough I don't feel like I'm in a Prius, its small enough to whip around when I need to, its a convertible when I want. For me, they really are the perfect vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I love Mustangs, just so much you can do with them. Jeeps I can go all the same places (just not as fast!) and still go exploring off road. Opens up a whole new world for me. Just some thoughts.

I'm with you...ive owned a lot of different vehicles and one thing is for sure that a Jeep will always be in the stable.

I bought an AMG Benz last summer....sold it after 4 months...wasn't for me.

FeltsYouUp

I've enjoyed both the Jeeps I had very much, but the same goes for the mustangs I've had. My worry was that moving out here, I wouldn't really be able to enjoy the mustang without a track to race at. I'll be here for four years, so that's what really has me looking at jeeps again. I guess we'll just have to see how I feel once my car actually gets here. If I do go for another JK, I want to take my time and find the right one this go around!

Toole

I just moved back from Hawaii and there are a few other members on here that are still currently there. Jeeps and parts pull more money in Hawaii to so keep that in mind. Ex: 4 wheel parts there, even if they have what you want in stock there, they still also charge a freight in fee. I had a JKR there and enjoyed it, but like you said, the trail selection is limited but there are some fun trails up at peacock flats. With both the mustang and jeep, the sand, salt, sun, and constant humidity takes it toll on parts and paint as well.
I did really enjoy living there aside from gas prices and traffic. Lol

Top Bottom