My Dozer

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Thought it was a good idea to take my skins off and paint them. Took me all day and I only got one side done. Old silicone sucks. But got plenty of anti size on the bolts.

Attachments

• 1414018765192.jpg
    1414018765192.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 1414018775125.jpg
    1414018775125.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 264

olram30

So I started the other side today, and getting desperate to get this silicone off. I have a bottle of this stuff called de solve it, kind of like goof off. And I sprayed it hoping it would work. I got some in my fender and wiped it off. To my surprise my fender came out black.
I've tried keeping these fenders black with a bunch of products like back to black, armor all. Nothing worked. They still turn grey. Looking at the fenders, they have little "pores" and I think the problem is they get clogged with all this wax shit I put on them. I continued to clean my fenders with this stuff and tons of little balls of build up came off. Fenders are as black as can be.
So now I got side tracked and still trying to figure out how to get this silicone off quicker, but I now have black fenders again!

Attachments

• 1414082745850.jpg
    1414082745850.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 1414082754599.jpg
    1414082754599.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 1414082767373.jpg
    1414082767373.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 1414082779434.jpg
    1414082779434.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 1414082787098.jpg
    1414082787098.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 246

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
let me know how it works cause im sick of the tire foam or the back to black fading or coming off the first time it drizzles.

olram30

let me know how it works cause im sick of the tire foam or the back to black fading or coming off the first time it drizzles.

I'm going to do all the fenders later today. I think all this build up is what really turns factory fenders grey. If you can get all the build up off your other products might last longer.

olram30

I got the other skin painted and put on, then worked in getting the fenders cleaned. After giving it a cleaning with that stuff, hit them with simple green. Came out perfect. I really think that's all it is, once those pores get full of cleaner, they get ugly. Here is with absolutely nothing on them, I'm sure if I added armor all they would shine. But going to see how long this experiment lasts.
Last picture is at Wal-Mart. Our little town just opened one. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 1414099297341.jpg
    1414099297341.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 231
  • 1414099305851.jpg
    1414099305851.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 1414099315341.jpg
    1414099315341.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 226
  • 1414099322851.jpg
    1414099322851.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 227

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea I deff need to get this stuff and some simple green. I need the simple green for my motor anyway to get some of the 2 year old Rausch creek mud out of it lol

olram30

Really bored at work, playing with pictures. 1414479155446.jpg
Pretty happy with the dozer right now. Decided to get the gears done next. Going to take the fix or upgrade it if it breaks approach. Would like to get a cage next.
But I kind of neglected our other jeep. 1414479299656.jpg
Trying to make a plan for it. It's my wife's daily driver. Still trying to decide on a few things. Rims, tires, lift and other things. So going to give this jeep a little love next while I save up for gears.

olram30

I'll probably add what I do to it here. Overlander doesn't like build threads.
Been waiting to see if truck lite would come out with heated lights, probably won't happen. So those are on the list.
Still need to get the cross member skid. Tire carrier is looking like AEV. I kind of want to get her a linked one.
Rims, she likes the evolander look with red rings. Not really sure if she needs bead lock rims. Looking at other options.
I'm looking into snow rated tires. I was sold on Goodyear duratracs, but really liking the nitto exo grapplers. I think that's the name. Also interested in the bf ko2. Would like a d range tire. Probably 315/70/17.
Now the lift, it has 19/60 springs, they are actually pretty nice. Thinking a 2" budget boost. I would like to use evo rock stars and reuse the factory shocks. Trying to plan that out.
Warn zeon 10s with maximus winch plate
Trimmed factory fenders, really like young fires cut. Might have to copy that.
Shouldn't take too long to whip her jeep up. Well at least I hope not..

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'll probably add what I do to it here. Overlander doesn't like build threads.
Been waiting to see if truck lite would come out with heated lights, probably won't happen. So those are on the list.
Still need to get the cross member skid. Tire carrier is looking like AEV. I kind of want to get her a linked one.
Rims, she likes the evolander look with red rings. Not really sure if she needs bead lock rims. Looking at other options.
I'm looking into snow rated tires. I was sold on Goodyear duratracs, but really liking the nitto exo grapplers. I think that's the name. Also interested in the bf ko2. Would like a d range tire. Probably 315/70/17.
Now the lift, it has 19/60 springs, they are actually pretty nice. Thinking a 2" budget boost. I would like to use evo rock stars and reuse the factory shocks. Trying to plan that out.
Warn zeon 10s with maximus winch plate
Trimmed factory fenders, really like young fires cut. Might have to copy that.
Shouldn't take too long to whip her jeep up. Well at least I hope not..

very solid plan indeed! im really curious to how well the exo grapplers do in the snow compared to the duratracs. for wheels why not something like the Level 8 wheels that have the bolt on scratch guard ring? you could paint that red.

maybe the evo leveling kit if you want new front springs for her? improves the ride up front but keeps the same quality of ride in the rear.

youngfires fender lines are nice! factory width with a little of the drop down left looks good!

olram30

very solid plan indeed! im really curious to how well the exo grapplers do in the snow compared to the duratracs. for wheels why not something like the Level 8 wheels that have the bolt on scratch guard ring? you could paint that red.

maybe the evo leveling kit if you want new front springs for her? improves the ride up front but keeps the same quality of ride in the rear.

youngfires fender lines are nice! factory width with a little of the drop down left looks good!

Another option is the Rancho 2" sport. These 2" bb cost around 250 bucks and rock stars are 125. Price almost comes out the same. Then she'll have adjustable shocks.

Everybody runs duratracs here, they are great on the ice, thing is I've never seen anybody run ultra 4 with them.

I'm really liking atx chamber pros. Been waiting in level 8's new wheel. I also heard method has a wheel with a removable ring. Not sure which rim it is.

Just want to do an easy build with quality parts. That was the idea behind getting her a Rubicon X. Not going to mess with bumpers or sliders. She did worry me, she likes poison spider and wanted their fenders:eek:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Another option is the Rancho 2" sport. These 2" bb cost around 250 bucks and rock stars are 125. Price almost comes out the same. Then she'll have adjustable shocks.

Everybody runs duratracs here, they are great on the ice, thing is I've never seen anybody run ultra 4 with them.

I'm really liking atx chamber pros. Been waiting in level 8's new wheel. I also heard method has a wheel with a removable ring. Not sure which rim it is.

Just want to do an easy build with quality parts. That was the idea behind getting her a Rubicon X. Not going to mess with bumpers or sliders. She did worry me, she likes poison spider and wanted their fenders:eek:

Rancho 2" is another good idea!

Lol true. I guess the exo grapplers is the route to look at then since mel did so well with them on evotj

Yea I heard the same thin about the method ones. They also have a decent beadlock from what I heard.

You have a solid plan indeed and clearly thought ahead with getting the X like you stated.

olram30

just priced out atx chamber pro's and a set of 5 runs around 1700 bucks. regular rims are around 1000- 1100 bucks. maybe the extra 600 bucks is worth it:idontknow:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
just priced out atx chamber pro's and a set of 5 runs around 1700 bucks. regular rims are around 1000- 1100 bucks. maybe the extra 600 bucks is worth it:idontknow:

There is no center caps for them. Not a deal breaker for most but something to think about if your wife likes the details.

olram30

There is no center caps for them. Not a deal breaker for most but something to think about if your wife likes the details.

she's been with me for almost 20 years, she can't be too picky:grayno: i think with the black it might not be too noticeable:idontknow:

olram30

Good bye summer! My rims have ice weights and tire carrier is frozen over. The other day I broke down with the plasti dip and did my emblem. Guess next year I'll do my key locks. I hate this time of year, pretty much stuck in town until next spring.

Attachments

• 1415028205365.jpg
    1415028205365.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 1415028221722.jpg
    1415028221722.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 1415028231048.jpg
    1415028231048.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 186

NAUJK

Good bye summer! My rims have ice weights and tire carrier is frozen over. The other day I broke down with the plasti dip and did my emblem. Guess next year I'll do my key locks. I hate this time of year, pretty much stuck in town until next spring.

I wish the weather was like that... we had some cold sleety rain yesterday but thats it. Its been a very unusually warm fall and start of November this year... I want snow dang it!!

Rig looks great by the way! Gotta be a pain getting that carrier open when its frozen like that though...

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I looked through your thread but probably missed it. Do you have a hydro steering set up?

Loading please wait....

Top Bottom