My Dozer

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I got bored and tried the one jack stand method to drop springs. I actually kind of like this method. I usually work one side at a time. Plenty of droop to remove factory springs and install longer ones.

Attachments

• 1412042016147.jpg
    1412042016147.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 251

olram30

I'll give a review on the synergy track bar. The quick version is it's a pos.

The longer version is I wasn't sure if I was going to do a drag link flip a few months back, and if I did I could use this on the other jeep. Well, off it goes. This is the loudest, clunkiest track bar I've ever witnessed.
It was advertised with a fk rod end, well turns out synergy has been known to use cheap 15 dollar heim joints to save money. From what I've seen online, fk has stamped "made in the USA" mine doesn't.
I'm going back to the factory track bar because I feel it absorbs road bumps better with two rubber ends rather than one to do double the work.
The supposed fk end has a lot of play in just 3 months.
I really dislike when companies advertise one thing and you receive another. But I don't think this has a fk rod end, but a cheap 15 dollar end.

Attachments

• 1412043417531.jpg
    1412043417531.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 252

2013CGJKU

I'll give a review on the synergy track bar. The quick version is it's a pos.

The longer version is I wasn't sure if I was going to do a drag link flip a few months back, and if I did I could use this on the other jeep. Well, off it goes. This is the loudest, clunkiest track bar I've ever witnessed.
It was advertised with a fk rod end, well turns out synergy has been known to use cheap 15 dollar heim joints to save money. From what I've seen online, fk has stamped "made in the USA" mine doesn't.
I'm going back to the factory track bar because I feel it absorbs road bumps better with two rubber ends rather than one to do double the work.
The supposed fk end has a lot of play in just 3 months.
I really dislike when companies advertise one thing and you receive another. But I don't think this has a fk rod end, but a cheap 15 dollar end.

Dang! That sucks to hear. I've got one that's treating me well, BUT... it doesn't have many miles on it.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

olram30

Dang! That sucks to hear. I've got one that's treating me well, BUT... it doesn't have many miles on it.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

I've had it 3 months. I kept hearing a clunk and after checking every bolt, I could see play when moving the steering wheel. Not the track bar bolt, but the actual joint. When I took it off, the ball on the joint has too much play. I'm sure a quality fk rod end doesn't have this issue.

JAGS

Hooked
Catching up on this thread. You ever hear word back from Metal? A little creepy how they tracked you down.

- Jason

olram30

Catching up on this thread. You ever hear word back from Metal? A little creepy how they tracked you down.

- Jason

Oh yeah, they sent me this,

cool, glad I tracked you down... and thanks for the reply.

I can totally understand how you felt about the product. When we released our suspension and adjustable bump stop, we were (and still are) a relatively small company. We just had to decide if we wanted to pay $$$$ to have a mold made for the pucks or use something almost exactly like we were going to design. We opted for using the pucks (along with the custom machined strike plate) it was a risk, and, for the most part, customers had fun with it. Since then, as our suspension sales have justified it, we paid for the molding and changed the design to include intersecting beveled edges (though I was tempted to add "Metalcloak Hockey League" to the side).

I would be happy to give you a refund on the product. No need to get them back. What name was the order under?

Matson

JAGS

Hooked
Oh yeah, they sent me this,

cool, glad I tracked you down... and thanks for the reply.

I can totally understand how you felt about the product. When we released our suspension and adjustable bump stop, we were (and still are) a relatively small company. We just had to decide if we wanted to pay $$$$ to have a mold made for the pucks or use something almost exactly like we were going to design. We opted for using the pucks (along with the custom machined strike plate) it was a risk, and, for the most part, customers had fun with it. Since then, as our suspension sales have justified it, we paid for the molding and changed the design to include intersecting beveled edges (though I was tempted to add "Metalcloak Hockey League" to the side).

I would be happy to give you a refund on the product. No need to get them back. What name was the order under?

Matson

Product quality aside, that's almost a funny response. Though somewhat bashing of even the new version. Don't think we'd EVER hear Mel saying the same about anything he puts out.

- Jason

olram30

I responded with this, they wanted to give me my money back, but I declined.

yeah i got it. been busy. i ordered these through northridge 4x4. so I doubt you'll have any record. Thanks for the offer, but i'm going to have to gracefully decline. I will say your customer service is good for tracking me down. but i don't feel right receiving money and not returning them. I really don't want to bother Northridge with this. you guys can keep my money and I'll keep my pucks. thank you for your time and trying to make this right.
i have very strong opinions on companies who take advantage of people to save money. be it using hockey pucks and advertising them as jeep parts, and this isn't just towards you. I've also bought, what I thought were quality parts from other jeep manufactures and been disappointed. so hopefully you can see my concern with companies who overcharge and advertise one thing and I end up receiving something completely different. thank you again

- olram30

olram30

Final e-mail from metal cloak.

" No worries. I appreciate your response and your honesty - a trait that is more and more rare these days.

IMHO, we've made a lot of great products, but, as one of our favorite threads was titled "Thank you sir, may I have another" (about our first bumper design - an epic fail) - we don't always get it right.

Yet, we ALWAYS listen to our customers. So if you, in your adventures or on the forums, run across someone with an issue with any Metalcloak product, please don't hesitate to let them know I am just a phone call or email away. No problem is too small. It is the only way we learn.

And if you ever need anything, please feel free to ask...

Matson

r2fasani

Final e-mail from metal cloak.

" No worries. I appreciate your response and your honesty - a trait that is more and more rare these days.

IMHO, we've made a lot of great products, but, as one of our favorite threads was titled "Thank you sir, may I have another" (about our first bumper design - an epic fail) - we don't always get it right.

Yet, we ALWAYS listen to our customers. So if you, in your adventures or on the forums, run across someone with an issue with any Metalcloak product, please don't hesitate to let them know I am just a phone call or email away. No problem is too small. It is the only way we learn.

And if you ever need anything, please feel free to ask...

Matson

At least that's an honest and refreshing reply. No argument on the past or continued protestations. Just a request to refer any potential unhappy customers to Matson for potential recourse. I've followed this piece of the thread because my brother in law just installed their game changer lite and assorted goodies despite my EVO recommendations (based on this forum). I only have faith in their good *intentions* and internet skills at this point though. Thanks for the updates...

olram30

At least that's an honest and refreshing reply. No argument on the past or continued protestations. Just a request to refer any potential unhappy customers to Matson for potential recourse. I've followed this piece of the thread because my brother in law just installed their game changer lite and assorted goodies despite my EVO recommendations (based on this forum). I only have faith in their good *intentions* and internet skills at this point though. Thanks for the updates...

I really didn't want money back so I that I can keep my opinions. Like I told them, I really don't care for companies that market sports equipment as jeep parts. Will they work, sure. But they sure charge a premium.
Yes, their customer service is good from what I can tell.
In the end and from what I've seen, their suspension systems are average. On the same level as zone, rusty, and such. It's their creative marketing that makes them seem top quality. They have design flaws that I don't care for.
The best warranty is the one you never have to use.

olram30

There is a nice hill outside of my lovely town of Rawlins. Drove up to get a nice view of the town.

Attachments

• 1412184672932.jpg
    1412184672932.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 195

olram30

Evo plush ride coils- check
Evo drag link flip- check
Sports equipment bump stops- check
Bilstein shocks- check

I really need to keep the under carriage cleaner..

Attachments

• 1412184830344.jpg
    1412184830344.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 206

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Evo plush ride coils- check
Evo drag link flip- check
Sports equipment bump stops- check
Bilstein shocks- check

I really need to keep the under carriage cleaner..

so did you have to get a longer sway bar link for the driver side or do you a shorter one for the passenger side since the mounting point is moved up?

Top Bottom