Spooling synthetic line for the first time

hogtyed

I just do hand tension & don't worry about how pretty the wrap is. I do try to make it as even as possible. :thinking:

Jaydoc1

Rather than starting a new thread, I'm hoping someone with a Warn Powerplant 9.5 will jump in and answer this question for me.

My PowerPlant came with 125' of 5/16" wire rope. I'm going to switch to synthetic over the winter and am trying to figure out, in general, if I can fit 100' of the 3/16" Warn Spydura synthetic line onto this winch. Other options include Viking and Masterpull but I'm really interested in the Spydura.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Rather than starting a new thread, I'm hoping someone with a Warn Powerplant 9.5 will jump in and answer this question for me.

My PowerPlant came with 125' of 5/16" wire rope. I'm going to switch to synthetic over the winter and am trying to figure out, in general, if I can fit 100' of the 3/16" Warn Spydura synthetic line onto this winch. Other options include Viking and Masterpull but I'm really interested in the Spydura.

Honestly, I would go with any quality synthetic line that's "on sale" or lowest price. Spydura, Masterpull and Viking are tops, so find the best deal and get to it.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

I don't know about 3/16" but I put a 100' of warn 3/8" on my warn 9.5 pp. Got it on Amazon for cheap and made in America. Here's the part #

Attachments

• 1413040727543.jpg
    1413040727543.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom