Earthquake!!!!

StrizzyChris

If she's south of San Fran then she should be fine. I had a ton of shaking in San Mateo but no major damage here on the news.

It sounds like all of the damage is in Napa area with roads buckling but no major injuries reported by police or hospitals at this time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!! I sure hope all you guys in the bay area are okay. I'm in Norcal right now and didn't feel a thing.

xkid

If she's south of San Fran then she should be fine. I had a ton of shaking in San Mateo but no major damage here on the news.

It sounds like all of the damage is in Napa area with roads buckling but no major injuries reported by police or hospitals at this time.

Thanks Stizzy

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Crawler Kitty

It woke me up but we are far enough away so no damage. Wasn't even enough shaking to wake Panda. But I could tell it was probably a pretty big one somewhere. Panda's family was close enough that they had a few things shuffled around. Some damage in Napa hoping everyone's okay.

It woke me up but we are far enough away so no damage. Wasn't even enough shaking to wake Panda. But I could tell it was probably a pretty big one somewhere. Panda's family was close enough that they had a few things shuffled around. Some damage in Napa hoping everyone's okay.

Those poor poor Koi. Shaken not stirred.

MTG

Caught the Bug
After the earthquake the damaged store fronts in Napa were then subject to widespread looting by the locals…

…said nobody…ever.

:crazyeyes:

Hope everyone is safe!

StrizzyChris

So it sounds like there are 3 people (2 adults and 1 child) seriously injured as on now in the Napa area and the rest are cuts and a few broken bones. No info on the adults but something about a fireplace fell on the kid according to the news.

After the earthquake the damaged store fronts in Napa were then subject to widespread looting by the locals…

…said nobody…ever.

:crazyeyes:

Hope everyone is safe!

Racist!

UpsideUp

Hey all from Napa. Not sure if anybody knows this but I'm a medic working ambulance today in town and I have to say it was Kaos for a while. It hit this morning at 0320 hrs our time and nearly blew me out of bed. Then radio traffic started to flood in of gas leaks, uncontrollable fires, and medical requests. Credit is due to our EMS agencies, hospital, police force and local population. The calmness and efficiency was unmatched and people and emergencies were handled efficiently and effectively. As mentioned there was no word of looting or trouble by the public. Just genuine worry and help offered.
Many local agencies responded and we had more resources than were needed. A wonderful cooperative environment of mutual aid.
On a side note there is an unbelievable fear when you realize your family with small children just went through that by them selves because dad is out helping others. And to add that the phones were down makes for a terrifying experience. Fortunately for me just minor damage without injuries. And if you guys were really worried the jeep survived without a scratch! ;-)
Thoughts and well wishes to all who suffered today in the first severe quake since Loma Prietta during the world series in '89.

Top Bottom