Rock lights

Tranquillity

I recall seeing somebody here that have bought these. I'd like to know where did he put them. Tested them and they are pretty bright, I'll see how they last once installed. For now my only concern is that they doesn't seem isolated inside. A patch of silicon will do the job just fine.

Anyway, 10$ set of 4 on ebay Canada. Search for LED eagle eye.

DSCF1113_zps5082b9fb.jpg

DSCF1112_zpsa1c3314b.jpg

bbailey

Banned
I recall seeing somebody here that have bought these. I'd like to know where did he put them. Tested them and they are pretty bright, I'll see how they last once installed. For now my only concern is that they doesn't seem isolated inside. A patch of silicon will do the job just fine.

Anyway, 10$ set of 4 on ebay Canada. Search for LED eagle eye.

DSCF1113_zps5082b9fb.jpg

DSCF1112_zpsa1c3314b.jpg

I've got a set on order, however they haven't arrived just yet (look to be roughly 2 weeks out since they ship from China). Ordered 12 of the 3W version with the plan being to do 3 LED's per wheel. Had planned to do a write-up/review once installed and tested. Set of 12 ran approximately $25.

Just purchased a set of Walmart lights and installed them. Here's the finished product

a7y8ehy3.jpg

I plan to add more when I get around to it

pvanweelden

Here's 12 of the 9 watt eagle eye, installed (8) in the body mounts and (2) inside front bumper facing backwards, and 2 facing down from frame rails near front swaybar.
1395032094176.jpg

Krieger

I took a little drive over to the RR tracks by my house and took a few photos of how the rock lights look now. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395153627.481638.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395153707.096403.jpg

noroad

Also i have a question on how you guys are wiring up the lights well still keeping them water proof as i dont want to mess it up by driving through some water!

BadApple

I used Wurton Pod Lights on mine this is an old pic i now have two per wheel well and they are super bright 1175359_10153236179635085_227456617_n.jpg They are a little more on the irreversible side in the rears seeing as though i have four 1 !/4 holes in my tub now lol but i llike them

20031-2.jpg

Last edited:

Trail JK

Thanks man!
I was doing some thinking I might add two more pods behind the back tires.

Hi Krieger, Do you have any pics of where you installed the pods? I'm going to give these a try. Just ordered two strips of 10.

Your Jeep looks awesome btw!

Last edited:

Krieger

Hi Krieger, Do you have any pics of where you installed the pods? I'm going to give these a try. Just ordered two strips of 10.

Your Jeep looks awesome btw!

I ran the pods on some thin aluminum
Sheet metal that I cut and put a bend in it, nothing crazy that way if one gets crushed it's easy to replace.
One each side on the front frame mount bracket. And a chain of them underneath each side. Total each side 11 pods.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419120536.567789.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419120551.890343.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419120570.650498.jpg
I hope this helps!

spinuck

I used those lil 4 light LED squares, think they were like 20 bucks for 20 on amazon. I wish had thought of doing the little brackets so you can aim them better.

Edit: $14 for 20 lights on amazon

Unfortunately, I don't have any good pics of them:

20141129_190107.jpg

Last edited:

Trail JK

I ran the pods on some thin aluminum
Sheet metal that I cut and put a bend in it, nothing crazy that way if one gets crushed it's easy to replace.
One each side on the front frame mount bracket. And a chain of them underneath each side. Total each side 11 pods.
View attachment 115701
View attachment 115702
View attachment 115703
I hope this helps!

I was just taking a closer look at your pics and was wondering what you used as adhesive for the brackets? Didn't see any screw holes. Did you burn those on? Hot glue gun or silicone? Thanks for you help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom