California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

toys4rocks

very cool trip, I'm in the Kc area and would like to meet you all and have a drink, just let me know where to meet you in Independence.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have a safe trip everyone. See you in a few weeks.

Indeed! It's been a long time since we've seen you last and look forward to hooking up with you soon :thumb:

Hoping I can find room in the Jeep for the metal detector. Would be cool to do some relic hunting on the trail. :yup:

View attachment 84806

Awesome! I had been trying to get something before the trip but didn't think I could get it shipped in time. I talked to Don and he said he might be able to borrow one as well. Looks like you guys can be doing the detecting for us :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
very cool trip, I'm in the Kc area and would like to meet you all and have a drink, just let me know where to meet you in Independence.

That would be awesome! We'll be staying in the center of town near the Truman house and hope to be there at a reasonable hour. If you've got a recommendation as to where we can hook up, please let us know.

BadApple

I love that you guys do so many runs. It gives me a chance to virtual wheel from thousands of miles away and no jeep. Keep it up, this is an awesome forum. Maybe someday i can get in on a run with you guys!!

toys4rocks

There's a place right there called the courthouse exchange and if it's not to late there's a good BBQ place not far from there too, it's smokehouse BBQ

Trail Bud

Hooked
Packing and loading now, lots of stuff for this trip. Getting excited about what we're going to do. And nervous to be gone so long. I've been doing so much to get ready and stock the office and house. After a few days I shouldn't look back. Get ready to pony up. :)

Tony the metal detector is cool! I bet you'll find some good stuff.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
T-minus 5 days until we head out to the starting point of our epic journey across the emigrant trail!!

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
From that angle did you train Tessa to take pics for you? :cheesy: This is gonna be so much fun!

:cheesy: Now that you mention it, I should have gotten her to take the pic. Probably would have been easier to do! :D

Great picture of you both on a beautiful day! Can't wait for this adventure to start! :thumb:

Honestly, you couldn't ask for more beautiful weather than what we've been having up here! Assuming it stays like this, it's gonna be real nice to camp out in. So looking forward to hooking up with everyone soon. :yup:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Packing and loading now, lots of stuff for this trip. Getting excited about what we're going to do. And nervous to be gone so long. I've been doing so much to get ready and stock the office and house. After a few days I shouldn't look back. Get ready to pony up. :)

Tony the metal detector is cool! I bet you'll find some good stuff.

Almost. Three quarters done today. Doug, you're right, a bunch of different stuff to take. Good thing we can stop for provisions or I would need two jeeps. :D

JAGS

Hooked
Getting into the spirit and counting down the days!!!

main.php

Great shot of you two. It's rare to see you in the same pic, as usually Cindy (or Eddie on occasion) is behind the camera. Your summer is about to kick off in a big way. 😄

- Jason

Top Bottom