California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

JayKay

Caught the Bug
My wife and I were planning a long weekend getaway to Branson in June, I might just have to talk her into going to Kansas City that weekend instead and somehow end up in Independence on Monday;). When do you think you'll be in Independence?
I know you'll be in Independence on Monday, just curious what time, unless it's too early to tell.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you'll be in Independence on Monday, just curious what time, unless it's too early to tell.

It's hard to say right now but I would be more than happy to keep you posted as we get closer. It would be cool to meet up with you there :yup:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
It's hard to say right now but I would be more than happy to keep you posted as we get closer. It would be cool to meet up with you there :yup:

It would be awesome, just gotta talk the wife into Kansas City. It's kind of an annual thing for us to go to Branson for a weekend, we'll see if I can talk her into breaking tradition:) Keep me posted for sure!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo!! Just got word from Ken that he is making reservations now and will be joining us for this epic run :thumb:

KenB1010

Great News, scheduling is working out and I'll be able to go on this Epic Adventure. It's been too long since I've done a ride with this group. I'm very excited.

OK, let's see. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Reservations Made :thumb:
Wayalife Windshield Decal: Ordered :thumb:
Spousal Approval: :thumb:
Excitement Level: :wings::clap2::wings:

JeepFan

Hooked
Great News, scheduling is working out and I'll be able to go on this Epic Adventure. It's been too long since I've done a ride with this group. I'm very excited.

Awesome Ken! This trip is going to be epic and I'm glad you will be joining us.

Hopefully Susan can meet up with you for the Rubicon run :yup:

ramin

Thats great Ken :yup:
It will be good to see you again!

KenB1010

That first leg to Salinas is a long one. Is alone planning on staying overnight in Las Vegas? If so what hotel?

Wow, I'm reviewing the map for this trip. For me it's about 2,500 miles. I'm glad that Tony is carrying extra gas for everyone! LOL
:clap2::wings::clap2:

JAGS

Hooked
That first leg to Salinas is a long one. Is alone planning on staying overnight in Las Vegas? If so what hotel?

Wow, I'm reviewing the map for this trip. For me it's about 2,500 miles. I'm glad that Tony is carrying extra gas for everyone! LOL
:clap2::wings::clap2:

I'm really jealous Ken. You'll have a blast and can't wait to hear from all of you guys on the Rubicon. 👍

- Jason

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug

:clap2::wings::clap2:[/

Some are at the silverton, though by the time I made mine, they were sold out so I'm at southpointe.

Trail Bud

Hooked
carrying the load for the trial

Starting to think about this trip as for the gear, parts, all the stuff we need. I'm thinking of bringing some spare parts for "what if's".
I have a full rebuild of PSC ram assists parts like O-rings and fittings for the steering box. plus a large and a small power steering pump. These things just fail at times. It could keep us moving forward if we're in a rural area. I know we all carry a lot of the same things, maybe we need to spread it around due to the amount of time were gone and space we have.
I do think Ray should be exempt though, he carries everything and should.

ramin

Starting to think about this trip as for the gear, parts, all the stuff we need. I'm thinking of bringing some spare parts for "what if's".
I have a full rebuild of PSC ram assists parts like O-rings and fittings for the steering box. plus a large and a small power steering pump. These things just fail at times. It could keep us moving forward if we're in a rural area. I know we all carry a lot of the same things, maybe we need to spread it around due to the amount of time were gone and space we have.
I do think Ray should be exempt though, he carries everything and should.

Lol
I do carry a some spare parts.
It's a good idea to get a list together!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Well, looks like I have to go to Branson the weekend you'll be in Missouri, couldn't talk the wife into going to Kansas City. If it was up to me, I'd be joining you guys for the first leg from Independence to Marysville, but I can't be that lucky. Maybe next time you're out this way we could meet up for a cold one :thumb: Make sure you enjoy some world famous Kansas City BBQ while you're there :yup:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Well, looks like I have to go to Branson the weekend you'll be in Missouri, couldn't talk the wife into going to Kansas City. If it was up to me, I'd be joining you guys for the first leg

^^^ said in his best Eeyore voice.

I wear the pants in my family ... She just tells me which pair!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
^^^ said in his best Eeyore voice.

I wear the pants in my family ... She just tells me which pair!

Well, since she's three months pregnant, she gets her way regardless. The only way I'll get what I want is to get a divorce, then I'll lose the Jeep along with my wallet. In the long run it's just cheaper to follow the rules and deal with the consequences later if you don't.

How'd you know I used my Eeyore voice???

Top Bottom