The building of knuckles

Sharkey

Word Ninja
2x2. We were just test fitting and drilling the holes for powder coating.

We got the 6" bar installed for the back up light...used nutserts to do it. Damn that nutsert tool rocks! We also got the tail lights wired up.

I'm sure MTG will post a nightshot of the new reverse lights when it gets dark.

Also, MTG left a full bottle of honey in my freezer. Thanks brother!

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
So how do you get across town without LED tail lights installed?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362962425.715523.jpg
Duck tape and zip ties of course.

Sharkey liked the nutsert tool so much we had to do some some today.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362962509.163957.jpg

Back up light issue solved. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362963133.224274.jpg

Much better... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362963151.673888.jpg

Skid_Kid

Mike, how did you run the wiring for the LED mounted above the tow hitch? I have two rigid that I am going to be putting back there.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Mike, how did you run the wiring for the LED mounted above the tow hitch? I have two rigid that I am going to be putting back there.

I had them for my LOD lights. I have them on a relay which is under the hood on the driver's side, the wires come down to the frame and go along the frame rail all the way back they are in a slit wire loom for protection.

Skid_Kid

I had them for my LOD lights. I have them on a relay which is under the hood on the driver's side, the wires come down to the frame and go along the frame rail all the way back they are in a slit wire loom for protection.

Thanks man!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Is it going to be done for Moab like you were hoping?:thumb:

Should be. Dropped it off at shop today for the slider. assuming that is done I'll pull everything off tonight and take to powder coater in the morning. He said he would need a few days. With any luck it'll be done and ready to install on Friday.

MTG

Caught the Bug
So we hopefully we will have some work to do Friday night?

With any luck. If you're down, I'm down...I'll be doing it anyway. :cheesy:

Need to repair/replace the ABS/ESP wire as well. :grayno:

Last edited:

GCM 2

Mike, I think the best part of your build is that it should come out pretty close to looking like the photo of this jeep you modeled it after. Thanks for sharing all that insider info with me during the 2012 JKX ;)

Attachments

• image-1001076725.jpg
    image-1001076725.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 549

Prime8

Mike, I think the best part of your build is that it should come out pretty close to looking like the photo of this jeep you modeled it after. Thanks for sharing all that insider info with me during the 2012 JKX ;)

Dyammmm son! Blingin!

WOW is really all I can say..... WOW!

andrew -

Top Bottom