The building of knuckles

MTG

Caught the Bug
King Bump Stops

Anybody have the instructions for installing the front King Bump stops? I thought I had them, but I can't find them. :doh:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Rip MTG's build thread. May you never be forgotten for what you once were.

It's about time this thing dies. Once was? More like never was. :cheesy:

I do have a few things to install though. Hopefully this weekend. Plus I have my rear deck to build still, but it's been like 30 degrees in the garage...way too cold to work on something I don't need until spring. :yup:

SaddleTramp

Anybody have the instructions for installing the front King Bump stops? I thought I had them, but I can't find them. :doh:

Hey Mike, I don't have any better pics but think it's just using the two lock rings/nuts to adjust the height and position of the air bump to match your factory bumps length. I'm sure there's a fancier way to do it but I'd just get the compressed length measurement and match that to your factory bump length and tighten the lock rings against the ends of the sleeve in the spring perch. You'll see it better when they show up. They're charged to 100#'s.

There used to be an engineer on here with a gecko JK that'd be able to throw some logic and math at this but not sure where he went, ;-).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416948963.468944.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416949038.136565.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey Mike, I don't have any better pics but think it's just using the two lock rings/nuts to adjust the height and position of the air bump to match your factory bumps length. I'm sure there's a fancier way to do it but I'd just get the compressed length measurement and match that to your factory bump length and tighten the lock rings against the ends of the sleeve in the spring perch. You'll see it better when they show up. They're charged to 100#'s.

There used to be an engineer on here with a gecko JK that'd be able to throw some logic and math at this but not sure where he went, ;-).

View attachment 112171

View attachment 112172

LOL! Thanks. But if he was involved we'd probably have to hear about how they were designed wrong and that they'll weaken the frame.

I think I remember that you have to cut the tube down, but then again if I could remember I wouldn't need instructions. :cheesy:

Top Bottom