The building of knuckles

MTG

Caught the Bug
The famously almost foiled by "Obama in Vegas" box o jeep parts, :cheesy:!

Glad it made it up there in time for a Thanksgiving install weekend project!

No kidding, huh?! Surprisingly my flight was only slightly delayed. :thumb: I hope I get some time this weekend. :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Is this related to your squeaky noise you've been chasing?

Yeah. Eddie and I worked on the parking brakes last week. Got them fixed and ruled them out as the source of the noise (there were actually 2 noises). I pulled the rear shaft and drove around in front wheel drive…and the noise went away. Put in a different rear shaft and the sound was there. I have a leaky pinion seal, so I'm guessing the bearing is bad. Per Eddie's advice I need to check and make sure the nut isn't loose, but it's likely going into the shop next week. :grayno:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Found some new gear bins today at Costco.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420400453.571973.jpg

The plan this winter and spring is to get everything packed and ready to go with minimal prep time.

These fit perfectly.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420400514.256752.jpg

Are stackable and have holes for tie downs. And only cost $9 each!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Friday. Still sounds the same. They must have told me at least 3 times not to take it off road or on any long road trips and made me acknowledge the warning on the receipt. LOL!

What did you have done? Rear axle stuff?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
MTG, are these the 27 or 15 gallon totes? I'm thinking if picking some up since they fit in the back of the jeep so nicely. Thanks

MTG

Caught the Bug
MTG, are these the 27 or 15 gallon totes? I'm thinking if picking some up since they fit in the back of the jeep so nicely. Thanks

27 gallon. Sorry it took so long to check, I had to pop out of town for a bit. :grayno:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Bought a new rear axle yesterday. Going to have it regeared and installed on Knuckles along with a new 1350 rear DS from Bayshore (cool little story about them in this month's Crawl magazine) and some Currie rear upper control arms. :rock:

I know, I know...I "need" to get a PR60 with 37s, but I somehow managed to eek out 43,000 miles on the factory rear axle so I'm hoping to get something similar out of this one. That or until I convince myself I need 60s. :yup:

Nothing too exciting…next up is working on the rear cargo deck.

Oh and the windjammer showed up, but it's been too cold to try it out.

Top Bottom