The building of knuckles

MTG

Caught the Bug
Pretty sure there shouldn't be a crack here.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432938681.248348.jpg

Found the source of my death wobble from last weekend. :grayno:

MTG

Caught the Bug
When you have a minute or do more work on this, mind taking a further picture of this. My newb eyes are trying to figure where this is, just so I can keep a watch for it on my own jeep.

Look at your jeep from the front. Find the track bar. No not that one! That's the tie rod. Damn it Jags! Not that one either, that's the drag link. Find the track bar. Look at where it attaches. No, not on the right, on the left side (passenger side). See where all the EVO brackets are bolted too? Look underneath right in front of where the control arm attaches. Control arm? Yes, the big, long black tube (that got your attention). If you look under the EVO track bar relocation bracket and where the factory bracket attaches you will see where it is welded.

I've had to fix this at least twice now. Probably a good idea to check it periodically.:thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
Look at your jeep from the front. Find the track bar. No not that one! That's the tie rod. Damn it Jags! Not that one either, that's the drag link. Find the track bar. Look at where it attaches. No, not on the right, on the left side (passenger side). See where all the EVO brackets are bolted too? Look underneath right in front of where the control arm attaches. Control arm? Yes, the big, long black tube. If you look under the EVO track bar relocation bracket and where the factory bracket attaches you will see where it is welded.

I've had to fix this at least twice now. Probably a good idea to check it periodically.:thumb:

LOL, those are pretty much the steps I would have taken too. Lol. A good instructor once told me..."Damn it Jags!" 😂😂😂 (Aliens?)

I'll take a look and keep it on the radar. 👍

MTG

Caught the Bug
LOL, those are pretty much the steps I would have taken too. Lol. A good instructor once told me..."Damn it Jags!"  (Aliens?)

I'll take a look and keep it on the radar. 

LOL! My guess is that ORE welded your front bracket on when it installed your lift. Therefore, you most likely will not have a problem. I didn't weld mine since neither Sharkey or I know how to weld. Nevertheless, it's fixed and should be good for a while now. But always a good idea to check it out periodically. :thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
LOL! My guess is that ORE welded your front bracket on when it installed your lift. Therefore, you most likely will not have a problem. I didn't weld mine since neither Sharkey or I know how to weld. Nevertheless, it's fixed and should be good for a while now. But always a good idea to check it out periodically. :thumb:

Did the welder warranty his work? Looks like there wasn't great penetration (oh yeah).

MTG

Caught the Bug
Did the welder warranty his work? Looks like there wasn't great penetration (oh yeah).

Sure. It was guaranteed for as long as the case of bud light that it cost me lasted. Oh wait… :grayno:

Part of the problem was the bracket itself wasn't welded to the tube. After a conversation with Eddie last weekend and via PM this morning, that has all been fixed now. :thumb: If I get another 47,000 miles out of it I feel like I am well ahead of the game. ;)

thardy

Banned
Look at your jeep from the front. Find the track bar. No not that one! That's the tie rod. Damn it Jags! Not that one either, that's the drag link. Find the track bar. Look at where it attaches. No, not on the right, on the left side (passenger side). See where all the EVO brackets are bolted too? Look underneath right in front of where the control arm attaches. Control arm? Yes, the big, long black tube (that got your attention). If you look under the EVO track bar relocation bracket and where the factory bracket attaches you will see where it is welded.

This has me laughing to the point that I scared my wife. Best description ever!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Sure. It was guaranteed for as long as the case of bud light that it cost me lasted. Oh wait… :grayno:

Part of the problem was the bracket itself wasn't welded to the tube. After a conversation with Eddie last weekend and via PM this morning, that has all been fixed now. :thumb: If I get another 47,000 miles out of it I feel like I am well ahead of the game. ;)

Makes sense. My bracket is just bolted on. I may as well weld it on.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Makes sense. My bracket is just bolted on. I may as well weld it on.

Yeah, probably a good idea to get it welded. EVO recommends it and so do I…now. ;)

Then again, the most stress your jeep is going to see is the automatic car wash guide so maybe it doesn't matter. :idontknow:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Yeah, probably a good idea to get it welded. EVO recommends it and so do I…now. ;)

Then again, the most stress your jeep is going to see is the automatic car wash guide so maybe it doesn't matter. :idontknow:

True, well that and the curbs I constantly bump into.

JAGS

Hooked

Took a quick look as I was heading out to sons baseball practice. You are right in that it is welded. That said, not a bad a idea to keep an eye on the welds.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Took a quick look as I was heading out to sons baseball practice. You are right in that it is welded. That said, not a bad a idea to keep an eye on the welds.

I'll have to check it out in July and see where they welded it. Unless you post some pics. Probably a good idea with all the home installs going around.

Top Bottom