The 2dr "Cosmos" build from Miss.

jfallon1

Finally got the Garvin Rack in. Pretty simple installation. Well built product and very stout. Plan on putting it to good use come end of November on my trip. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414888112.428279.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414888128.223479.jpg

Armydog

Finally got the Garvin Rack in. Pretty simple installation. Well built product and very stout. Plan on putting it to good use come end of November on my trip. View attachment 107518 View attachment 107519

Dude, love that rack. Does it bolt straight through the hard top? Nice low profile and it looks really stout. Google time. I like it a lot. Can you hang the top from/by the rack itself?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

jfallon1

Dude, love that rack. Does it bolt straight through the hard top? Nice low profile and it looks really stout. Google time. I like it a lot. Can you hang the top from/by the rack itself?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Yes it bolts through the top with 4 bolts down each side of the rack. There's a flat bar on the inside of the top that the bolts run through in order to keep them from pulling through the fiberglass.

As far as lifting it, yes. It's stout and well secure. I wouldn't leave it suspended however. I'm sure overtime that would eventually take a toll on the fiberglass.

jfallon1

Waiting on the new PSC carrier to come in. Looking forward to the install and the look. Also, running some numbers on PR44 unlimited front axle and some 37's. Gonna be a nice way to end the year and begin another. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418756475.150836.jpg

jfallon1

The new body mount PSC tire carrier arrived today. Unboxed and painted. It was sealed tight and shipped fast compared to the fact I ordered the day it released. Looking forward to the install in the am. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419314382.043067.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419314411.744747.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419314443.829602.jpg

big dr

Just saw this build for the first time. Very nice! 2 door,, 35's,, flat fenders,, stubby bumper,,, blue,,, ===== bad ass jeep! Very excited to see the new tire carrier on! Good luck with the install!:beer:

hbkid22

Good looking rig. And curious how you like the rear tire carrier. Have to post a write up after install.

jfallon1

Began the install today. Looked everything over and thought I had all the parts. Got halfway through the install and I was sent two lower hinge brackets for the swing out carrier. I called PSC and they are shipping me an upper mount. Sucks because I already hacked up the upper tailgate hinge bracket so I couldn't install it back. Which means the jeep won't be drive able until the part comes in and the install is finished.

big dr

That is some bull shit quality control!!! Only thing you can hope for now is that the finished product blows your mind its so good. I hope that is the case:beer:

jfallon1

That is some bull shit quality control!!! Only thing you can hope for now is that the finished product blows your mind its so good. I hope that is the case:beer:

Just checked the tracking on the bracket and it won't arrive until Monday. After I pay for a $1,000 carrier, the least they can do is overnight or two day the bracket. I was sure to send them a nice email.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Just checked the tracking on the bracket and it won't arrive until Monday. After I pay for a $1,000 carrier, the least they can do is overnight or two day the bracket. I was sure to send them a nice email.

No offense and I get you're pissed, but this probably has more to do with the carrier than PSC. I heard the backlog is crazy at UPS right now so you're probably lucky you're getting it Monday.

Good luck with the install once you get it. I look forward to pictures!

jfallon1

No offense and I get you're pissed, but this probably has more to do with the carrier than PSC. I heard the backlog is crazy at UPS right now so you're probably lucky you're getting it Monday.

Good luck with the install once you get it. I look forward to pictures!

I emailed PSC and they sales guy I dealt with told me it was his intentions to overnight it and didn't

jfallon1

Got the carrier installed. Everything went together well with the exception of the wrong hinge sent. Going to move my hi-lift to the passenger side and install two 2 gallon roto pax tanks. Enough talking, on with the pictures. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420336465.049496.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420336506.240426.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420336578.909449.jpg

Top Bottom