What brand tires are you running?

5280Sapper

I wish there was actual scientific information to debunk all tire myths.. Because frankly it's mostly opinion based and no 2 vehicles are they same nor driven the same..

Moabbnd

I run Falken Wildpeak AT's on the LJ in a 315/75r16. They're terrible and I wouldn't recommend them. I grooved and siped them to make them better on the rocks and rain until I can replace them. They wear like iron though

Attachments

• 20151206_120840.jpg
    20151206_120840.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 173

5280Sapper

I run Falken Wildpeak AT's on the LJ in a 315/75r16. They're terrible and I wouldn't recommend them. I grooved and siped them to make them better on the rocks and rain until I can replace them. They wear like iron though

I wonder how their new MT will do...

Shantz

on my second set, luvin' me some MTZs :D

100_7186_zpsb1kqtkhe.jpg

100_7194_zpsecunrtcm.jpg

100_7202_zpshe3pb40h.jpg

6-17-08.jpg

Yep... I love love love my MTZ's... always been a fan of Mickey Thompson.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cooper STT Pro. Really happy with them so far.

LOL!! That looks awesome all big like that! Like you, we're really happy with the STT Pros we have on our Renegade and would seriously consider a set on our JK when the time comes.

turbineguy

I'm running MTRs. I will not be running them again, though I do dig the fat look of the 38x14.50R17s.

I had 5 37s, two ended up with rips in the sidewalls. Luckily I have warranties on them... except for there are no 37 MYRs to be found in the country, and Goodyear doesn't even have them in production right now.

Goodyear offered to buy them all back from me, so like a fool I decided to just go up to 38 MTRs with the money. Three days later while my jeep is sitting at the airport, one ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452957589.124896.jpg got a flat. Turns out my sidewall had a manufactures defect's. They are replacing it, but when I move up the 40s in a year or two I'm going with something else.

If you look at the picture below, you can see the Kevlar streaking through the rubber of the side wall.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm running MTRs. I will not be running them again, though I do dig the fat look of the 38x14.50R17s.

I had 5 37s, two ended up with rips in the sidewalls. Luckily I have warranties on them... except for there are no 37 MYRs to be found in the country, and Goodyear doesn't even have them in production right now.

Goodyear offered to buy them all back from me, so like a fool I decided to just go up to 38 MTRs with the money. Three days later while my jeep is sitting at the airport, one got a flat. Turns out my sidewall had a manufactures defect's. They are replacing it, but when I move up the 40s in a year or two I'm going with something else.

If you look at the picture below, you can see the Kevlar streaking through the rubber of the side wall.

I so wanted to love the MTR and bought a set as soon as they came out. In the end, I found them to be the WORST tire I have ever run. Couldn't get them balanced for anything, found them to track funny at highway speeds and like you, found their sidewalls to be paper thin or at least, tear like they were. I have not run them since.

Mitrig

not an issue with my mtrs, kittykats were used and the guy couldn't get them to balance and stated there were vibration issues but as of yet we haven't noticed anything, they were balanced spot on when we re did them. i found them to be the best tire i have ran thus far, though next tire will be either the 38 mtr of 37 nitto, i have heard nothing but amazing things about the nittos, i tried bfgs and hated them, the mtrs hook up well in our crazy canadian winters so no complains here. so far atlas, had mine for over a year now.

I have 40 inch grapplers and have 35149 miles. I can probably get another 10K miles out of them. I keep the rears at 26 psi and the front at 27 psi. Love them!

Attachments

• 1453479815524.jpg
    1453479815524.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 121

ob_tj

Goodyear offered to buy them all back from me, so like a fool I decided to just go up to 38 MTRs with the money. Three days later while my jeep is sitting at the airport, one View attachment 182663 got a flat. Turns out my sidewall had a manufactures defect's. They are replacing it, but when I move up the 40s in a year or two I'm going with something else.

Wow. I was really looking into buying a set of these when I move to 37s.

chili84

STT Pro

I have on mine a set of 37" Discoverer Cooper STT Pro. I find them to be fantastic tires. I've had some off road enjoyment from them but nothing over the top. I did get myself in a mud hole that was rutted pretty good to see how well they handled in just 2wd. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I was still on dirt. On the road with the top down and the doors off, there's minimal road noise. Not until you find yourself driving through a tunnel do you really hear anything. With the top up and doors on you can't hear them. I've yet to really put them to the test but anxiously awaiting for that day. My only problem is they don't like water all that much. I hit a puddle at about 35mph and pucker factor came into effect. I almost swallowed the drivers seat it was that bad. Other than that, they're a great buy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom