Swapping AEV 2'5 DS Coils for EVO Plush Rides

Durbish

So, are you saying that you bought the 50 sets of coils for 49 individual people? All just to help them? Or, are you saying that you bought 50 sets of coils of different spring rates to test them out until you could find what would work best for other people? Either way, I've never known anyone to be so charitable.

No eyes rolling here but, what I was hoping to see what everything looks like at a full bump. Jounce pad fully pressed onto the axle side bump stop extension. I want to see how much shock is still showing and more importantly, what your coils look like. I mean, that is the reason why you are running such a short bump stop extension, right? To give you more up travel - I just want to see what all your effort looks like when used to its fullest.

Not sure, never stopped to take a picture. Did Bronco Peak I few months back, would have been a good time to snap a shot, just not my style to do trails like that.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Curious if you think aev drop brackets are a better choice than adjustable control arms since I see you're running them.
After that, we can talk about the teraflex axle..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure, never stopped to take a picture. Did Bronco Peak I few months back, would have been a good time to snap a shot, just not my style to do trails like that.

Never said you had to be into trails like that. You've just been trying to make a case for not running a drag link flip as if it were some kind of problem or limiting factor. You're the one who's running short bump stop extensions as if it's supposed to be beneficial in some way. What I want to see is proof of it. There are plenty of shops in the San Diego area that I'm sure would be more than happy to let you ramp your Jeep. You should try visiting one, take a shot and post it up.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Never said you had to be into trails like that. You've just been trying to make a case for not running a drag link flip as if it were some kind of problem or limiting factor. You're the one who's running short bump stop extensions as if it's supposed to be beneficial in some way. What I want to see is proof of it. There are plenty of shops in the San Diego area that I'm sure would be more than happy to let you ramp your Jeep. You should try visiting one, take a shot and post it up.

Off Road Warehouse has a ramp that can be used.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Notch frame = less bump stop :D

But but .... MC doesn't use a DL flip with their amazing 6 PAC shocks ???? :p

LOL!! Speaking of MetalJoke (a new term I recently heard), I recently had the pleasure of watching a guy with their kit, complete with their 6-pack shocks try to keep on some big whoops... it didn't end well :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I did, but if was a different time in my life, would love to do it again. Was fun helping others improve the ride of their JK, I removed mostly AEV kits, they're the firmest, by a lot. So don't roll your eyes.... here pictures in the driveway, not sure it helps. Again this works for my style of driving View attachment 100073 View attachment 100075

Hmmm those coils really look like metaljokes. I guess that's why you feel the need to run aev drop brackets instead of adjustable control arms and no drag link flip. Man there marketing is getting really good these days :rolls eyes: :grayno:

Durbish

Really, so you really feel that a drag link flip isn't the way to go? Having your drag link, track bar and roll center back to factory specs isn't a good thing?

For my setup no, ....... I believe moving the front track bar up, raises the front roll center so it's no longer factory specs, but if you raise both up it's still not factory specs, but I'm sure it works fine.

Durbish

Curious if you think aev drop brackets are a better choice than adjustable control arms since I see you're running them.
After that, we can talk about the teraflex axle..

Not Hugh fan of the drop brackets, they hit on rocks, a lot. They do correct caster, change how the jeep pivots under braking, couldn't tell a difference on the braking thing, and ride quality is good with the front arms at that angle. Better choice would be a long arm kit.

I run a stock axle, that just a cover, I'm sure you're aware the stock covers can leak after being hit.

Durbish

Good idea, friend has one, will do.

Durbish

Hmmm those coils really look like metaljokes. I guess that's why you feel the need to run aev drop brackets instead of adjustable control arms and no drag link flip. Man there marketing is getting really good these days :rolls eyes: :grayno:

Hmmmm is everyone here a Moderator?

Not sure what you're talking about.

Top Bottom