darkknight1999's Build thread

How bad are the skid plates banged up? Is this vibration constant? Or comes and goes while pressing the gas?

Yeah there banged up pretty good. But and it could be some of the front plate causing some of the vibration since the front of the engine skid plate mounts to the motor mounts.

It comes and goes. I can only feel it at certain RPMs. The speed doesn't seem to matter much.
Its a very similar feeling and reminds me of the feeling you get when you have an automatic the needs to downshift and it gets that weird drone/vibration, before it shifts or you manually turn off the over drive.

JKWrang

Yeah there banged up pretty good. But and it could be some of the front plate causing some of the vibration since the front of the engine skid plate mounts to the motor mounts.

It comes and goes. I can only feel it at certain RPMs. The speed doesn't seem to matter much.
Its a very similar feeling and reminds me of the feeling you get when you have an automatic the needs to downshift and it gets that weird drone/vibration, before it shifts or you manually turn off the over drive.

Are any of the skids shifted/in contact with anything orrrr are any of the bolts loose at this point? Could be a simple stupid problem

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are any of the skids shifted/in contact with anything orrrr are any of the bolts loose at this point? Could be a simple stupid problem

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have to look at that actually since they all have dents in them, and that very well could be the vibration problem.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I have to look at that actually since they all have dents in them, and that very well could be the vibration problem.

I've had vibrations I could feel in the wheel due to skids hitting the exhaust. Even a rock wedged between the skids and exhaust.

JKWrang

Yea, especially if the RockHard front skid has a dent which is intermittently contacting the oil pan, or similar - this could/would sound exactly as you describe.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to pull my skids off and see if thats that problem. I still have to figure out the front locker problem. Gonna swap my diff covers this weekend and have a look at that.

This past weekend I finally scrubbed my Jeep down. It was such a mess. Then Andrew (Noroad) and I got together Sunday and did a little wrenching. We extended our breather hoses, we fixed his locker, fixed my coil that was out of wack, moved light bar brackets around, and cleaned the mud and dirt out of his engine bay. Good Jeep wrenching time over beers and burgers... gotta say it was good day! :rock:

Hopefully I can get my diff covers swapped and get my front locker fixed and then I just have to deal with the vibration.

Patty's Jeep is being delivered to the dealer tomorrow... we're picking it up Saturday so I have to bail on this weekend. Sorry dude. But on the plus side I now of both a 2dr and a 4dr in the barn :)

JKWrang

Patty's Jeep is being delivered to the dealer tomorrow... we're picking it up Saturday so I have to bail on this weekend. Sorry dude. But on the plus side I now of both a 2dr and a 4dr in the barn :)

No worries - congrats!

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Are you gonna get a 10 relay panel for the wife's jeep? Since her jeep is getting better parts than your jeep? :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom