$10 Mini Switch Pod?

pvanweelden

I mentioned in the first thread to have a 10 amp fuse on each output channel. and it is in the diagrams

The 30 amp would be sufficient unless someone is maxing out the 10 amps on all 4 channels and having all 4 channels on at once.

I mentioned in the first thread to have a 10 amp fuse on each output channel. and it is in the diagrams

The 30 amp would be sufficient unless someone is maxing out the 10 amps on all 4 channels and having all 4 channels on at once.

Yes..... but my point is that the only protection that is being provided to the board and it's components is the 30A one which is insufficient for any one of the channels. If one channel had a ground fault, the only fuse in play would be the 30 amper.

The bottom-line is this is a poor application for daisy-chaining the hot unless you are only going to supply the sum of the channels with a protected 10A source.

pvanweelden

I see what you are saying now- and it is an easy fix, as I listed the 4 position fuse holder in first post, instead of making a pigtail to connect the positives, go through the fuse and then to the relay input for each channel.
Thanks Swank!

Diagrams updated.

Last edited:

dahreno

Banned
So, you are recommending a circuit breaker or a 30 amp fuse into the main power of the relay board. You are also fusing the incoming positive before the four relays on board. What happens if your out going wires get shorted? As an example, I will be using three outputs for rock lights. If I get a short across the positive from the relay board and ground out by one of the rear fenders,will the relay board fry but, the battery will be protected by the 10 amp and the 30 amp fuse ? I guess if a fuse burns, I won't have any power at the rock lights to burn up anything. Is this right ?I'm thinking the four fuses should go between the relays and the rock lights.It's a further distance and there is more of a chance for a short.

Last edited:

pvanweelden

The 30 amp fuse or circuit breaker goes by the battery. The individual fuses on each channel input will also trip if there is a short on the output.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom