Yoko/Toyo/Pro/Nitto

CONative

I keep going round and round :D on which tires to get. Pretty set on the size, though I am open to thoughts.

Untitled.png

1. Throwing a leveling kit on soon - winch and bumper has me pretty nose down
2. Stock rims with Spidertrax spacers
3. 2013 JKU Rubicon
4. Majority of my driving is on the road, but get out on trails a couple times a month during the summer
5. Colorado. Wet and snow traction is key. Really hate slipping around in a little rain.
6. All stats were gathered from the same spot.
7. To me price isn't the determining factor . . . to my wife, however . . .
8. Stock tires are not going to last 25K miles, longevity is important to me

Would enjoy getting your :twocents: before I spend mine!

Of the ones you have listed I run the Terra Grapplers on my Ram 2500 and they do great on and off road (basic dirt road with some mud holes). The Trail Grapplers on paper are the best with road noise and handling both in wet and snow conditions. as for off-road Eddie and Mel both have proved these are the tires to have. Mel runs them on EVO1 and EVOJK and I think EVOLANDER.

My next set of tires is going to be the Trail Grapplers because to Eddie and Mel are running them and they just look cool. Just my :twocents:

R/
Will

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
From that list, I would go Trail Grapplers. Tires make a big difference, and those are the most aggresive on your list, plus handle very well on the road.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as everyone else has stated i would go with the trail grapplers. that being said i want to give you maybe one more option to look at and that is the Goodyear duratracs. they are prob one of the best snow tires out there and since you live in colorado it might be another one to consider. my stepdad has them on his xterra and loves them!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Since you're on the road the majority of the time I would stay away from an M/T. An A/T is gonna give you the best results all around. Sure it's not gonna get you out of a mud hole when you're buried up to your axles, but it will have the best on road handling and help you out in a mild off road situation. As far as the snow goes, an A/T will shine in this scenario as well, more sipes will help on snow/ice. Mud tires generally don't have any or very little siping. Personally, I would go with the Toyo A/T II, receives great reviews and a couple of guys I work with run them and have been very happy with them.:twocents:

Leocon

Out of your choices, I would go with Nittro trail grappler...and as a suggestion, make this a pole, very easy to tally the votes :thumb:

QRS

I took some time to decide, I'm going with Trail grapplers 295/70r17, true 33s a little bit more actually

CONative

Leaning towards Nitto

For those of you running Nitto - what kind of mileage are you getting out of them?

davantalus

8. Stock tires are not going to last 25K miles, longevity is important to me.

Wow. I'm at 38k. Got another 5-10k in them easy. You must haul some serious concrete? Or all my rotations paid off?

Jeep_Dawg08

I got the same.. 295/70/17 last Nov. Replaced the ones I had on when bought.
Didnt know alot back then, but did alot of research and damn glad I stuck with them. Almost wish I went with 35s but thats next.
Now we got our fair share of snow and ice here in good ol Indiana, and I wanna say I loved the traction I got. I did however have them sipped from Discount though.. well worth the little extra.
Never really had to drop into 4hi much unless I was pulling out a Hummer or some asshat in a truck. :banghead: which I did quite often it seems.
All I did was drop about 200 lbs of feed(we have horses) in the back and she drove perfect.
So Trails is my :thumbup: and I wont ever run anything but from now on.

Oh yea... I do alot of road driving, 50miles round trip just for work. Little road noise, great stability, just keep the pressure around 28lbs or u feel every crack. Lol
And the trail performance really cant be beat.. I have gotten out of and thru skme nasty ass mud here. Which the JKX has seen cpl yrs ago... we have our own special kinda mud here.
Just saying good choice.

●|||||||●

Last edited:
Goodyear duratrac are beast in snow.

GY wasn't on his list... Although I think it is a great AT.

I had the terra grapplers on my F250 and while the tread wasn't aggressive looking they REALLY surprised me in the mud a few times. (I have the sticky slimy clay stuff too)

I would probably go Nitto... Available almost anywhere, with a proven performance history. As to the AT VS MT... You have some soul searching to do. If you are mostly on the pavement an AT will perform better and last longer, but the MTs sure do look cool :rock:

CONative

Wow. I'm at 38k. Got another 5-10k in them easy. You must haul some serious concrete? Or all my rotations paid off?

I rotated every 5k, have buddies with the same problem here. If I had to guess, I'd blame a heavy foot and concrete roads . . . and a strong desire to move up to larger tires . . . :D

Top Bottom