La Habra Earthquakes

Krieger

All I can say is it's been a crazy night ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396070554.662732.jpg
The first quake made me go "huh"
Than about an hour later "BOOM" ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396070532.249646.jpg
The main quake hit and glass and things were falling all over it was intense
for sure. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396070476.049149.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396070499.478109.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396070513.048383.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Felt them pretty good in the IE. My boys thought they were fun since they were the first quakes they've experience while they were awake.

Sorry your place was damaged Ken.

Krieger

The last some 13 hours or so have been crazy. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396112626.661940.jpg
Yes most of the aftershocks were small, but when it's under your house it's a totally different thing. We've got some cracks in the walls and stucco, broken stuff, messy place, but at least everyone is ok.

Man! There is no way I would live in "Shake-n-Bake" land and not have everything strapped to the walls and/or floor! I hope everyone is safe.

BlackRockBurner

6.5 and over are the big ones. When the ground looks like waves on the ocean. Glad no major injuries. I've been in 2 majors, Philippines 6.5 and Loma Prieta 6.9. They happen in the mid-west too, just not as often. I'll take the rare earthquake over daily and month long tornado hide in the basement scares and flood watches I had while living in the mid west. But that's me. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396138771.263471.jpg

Katalyna

Stay safe! I don't miss those crazy things. I been living in Northern Cal since 2001. Original from OC. Miss the OC off road areas though :standing wave:

Krieger

Earthquakes are natures terrorists. There's no warning whatsoever, and when they happen every 20 minutes for almost 2 days they get your adrenaline pumping over and over. Granted, a 5 is nowhere near a 6 or a 7+ and it is also nothing like a tornado ravaging through town, I agree. But for me, the real problem is that they're not stopping yet, so nerves are shot for everyone in my city. We've felt every single after shock, all couple hundred of them, and they continue. Two nights of no sleep because you're getting shaken awake. I now look at earthquakes very differently than I did before. But at least we suffered no injuries and no serious damage thank God.

NAUJK

I haven't been in any earthquakes that I can remember but as a geologist they are very fascinating and useful things. I don't do stuff with them but still interesting things. I am sorry about your house man but am very glad you and every one are alright!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom