Nitto 40x15.50r20 Trail Grapplers... K Spec or no?

pelli33

Quick question, wondering if some one can answer whether or not the Nitto 40x15.50r20 tire is K spec like the 17" is?

Also-- I know, I know-- not gonna see them available until 2015... but does anyone know what sizes the Wildpeak M/T is going to come in? Thought I saw a Red JKU with 38.5"?? For street or not??

pelli33

thanks!!

Thanks!! That post answered my question. i was referring to the k spec as the trail grappler with the extra wide lugs and the sidewall groove, wasnt aware that they werent using the k spec name for the DOT version. I guess the only thing left to figure out is if the 40r20 has the groove and wide lugs as well?

GCM 2

Nitto K-specs are a sticky, race tire and only made in 17"x40" size. There is no such thing as a 20"x40" K-spec available to Nitto Factory race teams or the general public, it does not exist.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, Nitto does list a 40x15.50R20 Trail Grappler on their site:

http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/Grappler truck/trailgrappler#size

I think the question the OP had was if this size has the same larger side lugs that the 40x13.50R17 does... but I don't know the answer. Maybe Discount Tire would know.

Here is a pic of the side lugs on Moby's tires:

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a pic of the side of the 37"
main.php

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I think the question the OP had was if this size has the same larger side lugs that the 40x13.50R17 does... but I don't know the answer. Maybe Discount Tire would know.

attachment.php

attachment.php

main.php

Hmm learn something new everyday. I don't ever remember seeing a 40x15.5 in the trail grappler on their site before.

pelli33

attachment.php

attachment.php

main.php

Yep, that is precisely what I was asking, thanks for clearing that up for me. From what I've come across, the only tires with the larger side lugs and groove in the sidewall are the 40x13.50r17 trail grapplers. They keep the updated lug design, but the K spec name is reserved for the tires with the sticky competition compound. Still no confirmation for sure whether or not the 15.50r20s will have it, but seeing as theres not nearly as much sidewall to allow said lug to flex into the groove like intended, my guess is probably not.

Top Bottom