Anybody use back-up camera

trailless

Caught the Bug
I agree with you. The dealer should do it for free, especially for a customer of theirs... anyways, they charged me for 0.5hrs of work. Came out to be $48 after taxes.

So $40 for parts, $48 for the flash is $88 total for a backup camera. Not too bad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

red diesel

I am owning the european version of the 2015 JK. It has a MyGig (suppose model 735N) with navigation installed. Can someone tell me which is the best / easiest way to get a rear view camera displayed on the factory screen? As I understood correctly I'm not forced to use the Lockpick but could buy the linked wiring harness, connect the camera, put everything together and finally drive to the dealer and let him unlock the feature? Does this work with the European model too and does it change to rear view automatically? Think so, but I am very precarious...

Appreciate some help! :)

trailless

Caught the Bug
You're going to have to see if the navigation unit is different. You'll need some sort of harness to connect the camera to the unit.

All I did was drive to the dealer and asked them to unlock the back camera feature. So, from now on when you put your jeep in reverse the screen will change to the video feed. No matter if there is a camera hooked up or not. The music/radio is not interrupted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom